Thread: Why is my throttle pulling back at WOT?

Senior Tuner

Why is my throttle pulling back at WOT?

If you look at frames 72-83, 2nd gear, and 150-233, 3rd gear, I get a throttle reduction. No check engine light, KR, no misfire or any other indication that anything is wrong. The engine does feel as though it has a bad miss at these points. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

This is my stock tune so the LTFTs are high. Even with tuning still get this throttle reduction.

08 A6 Corvette with Airaid intake and Z06 exhaust.

This file apparently is correct. See reply #3.
    Last edited by 8850; 10-19-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I get invalid file format when I open it...and I am using the beta.

Senior Tuner
    Strange I can't open it either. I must have corrupted it somehow. Here's another...frame count will be different but still the same problem.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Strange I can't open it either. I must have corrupted it somehow. Here's another...frame count will be different but still the same problem.
    Where are your TM enable/disable & per gear settings? Log Trans TM spark retard and see what this shows.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Where are your TM enable/disable & per gear settings? Log Trans TM spark retard and see what this shows.
    Here's the file. Stock 08 vette file. I'll see if I can get a TM spark retard log but with the traffic on Monday it will be tough.

It looks like traction control kicked in. Did you have TC on or off?

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    It looks like traction control kicked in. Did you have TC on or off?

Ian
    Now that's a thought! I did have TC on. This was on asphalt and not terribly good traction. Cool air just set in too so my Invos were probable a little harder. But at 82 mph I wouldn't have thought that to be a problem. Better find some concrete and see what happens. Thanks Ian and all!

No problem, i have had TC kick in before at 80 mph with the Stock Goodyear F1's and some time's with the kumho's i got on now.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Here's the file. Stock 08 vette file. I'll see if I can get a TM spark retard log but with the traffic on Monday it will be tough.
    Doh! I dont know what I was thinking, I meant TC as Ian @ madvette pointed out. It wasnt about timing, it was the throttle.

And yes if the ECM sees any wheel speed differential, it backs off the throttle. Ripples on the blacktop?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Doh! I dont know what I was thinking, I meant TC as Ian @ madvette pointed out. It wasnt about timing, it was the throttle.

And yes if the ECM sees any wheel speed differential, it backs off the throttle. Ripples on the blacktop?
    As TC backs off the throttle it does change timing as well. But yes, I think Ian is right about losing traction and TC taking over. I have not retested the car yet on concrete however. Quite a drive to go and at a time with less traffic.

Tuner
    one morning on my way to work i was logging a few hits and saw the same thing. it was my TC pulling throttle. I had forgot to turn TC off. Id bet the farm thats it!

Senior Tuner
    Traction/Traction control was the problem. Engine runs perfect now on a surface with good traction. Thanks to you guys!

Senior Tuner
    Back to throttle being pulled even on good surface. Don't undrstand why it ran fine for awhile but back to missing. I must be right on the edge of TC applying or not.

If under Engine TM if we change the Failed Duty Cycle % would that reduce the sensitiveness of traction control with different than factory tire diameters? Or maybe under speedo change tire diameter a tad?

I would leave the traction control alone.

Tuner in Training
    I changed traction control to fuel cut only. Allows some wheelspin, but will rescue you when it gets out of hand.
    08 SKY Redline
    K&N Drop in
    Catless DP
    GMPP 3Bar MAP sensors
    HPTuned