Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed density tune

Speed density tune

Im currently tuning my car in SD mode by the AFR err way and its going well except decel, the very light load catergories from like 800-2k rpm. It's RICH no matter what i do, ive taken away over 50% after three different tunes, im guessin this maybe due to my 60lb injectors? Any other ideas? Car is cam only sprayed ls1 w/ full bolt ons and 60lb injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    If ALL of the correct data isnt right in the tune for the injectors you have could be causing you some problems.

Like how rich are we talking about here? Sounds significant by the way you put the word "RICH"
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 09-08-2009 at 04:18 PM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

My ve table is alll out of shape after ive changed it so much. Im kinda thinking its the injector info also. Ill post my tune....

Potential Tuner
    Yes you need the correct injector data found on Greg Banish Calibrated Success Dvd you can buy it from Summit.

Advanced Tuner
    you've got the maf codes set to fail on second error --should be first--so you may not be in speed density and are running on maf.

Quote Originally Posted by miker2 View Post
    you've got the maf codes set to fail on second error --should be first--so you may not be in speed density and are running on maf.
    hmmm, well i do have the maf unplugged as well.... and is there any other way to get the correct injector values? i am running out of time to tune it, i vaguely remember doing a calculation to get what i have? the car does exactly what i have commanded under wot, but decel and very very light throttle seen way off, my ve graph looks like the rocky mountains down low!

Advanced Tuner
    i think with the maf unplugged but not failed,the ecm uses table values for air flow but not the ve table.

hmmm, ok i will set that in the dtc settings then and see if it makes a difference. any help on the injector settings? i did alot of reading on them and the settings i have now were the best i came up with....

well, i re read the set up on that and it says it should be fine to go into SD mode as I have it set.....

Anybody else?! Need help....

Advanced Tuner
    I am using Greg's data on 80lb injectors, and am also having issues with super rich decel, even after reducing the VE values to about 10....

Tuner
    I too am having problems with rich decel. I also have Gregs DVD and data loaded. All good AFR except for decel ( it runs 12.7 ). But, when I have the A/C on decel AFR is right in line ( 14.7 ). Go figure. So if i mess with Short pulse adder to get the AFR right in non A/C decel, it will go lean with the A/C on. Hmm. I too am running 60# injectors.
    1999 Corvette Coupe Stock Block. Vortech Si Supercharged, Siemens 60# Injectors, High flow FP, X-Pipe, Catback.
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 Stock except CAI

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stonemonk9 View Post
    well, i re read the set up on that and it says it should be fine to go into SD mode as I have it set.....
    does that mean that you see a ses light come on ? if not, then no sd.

heads up on this, i gave up on staying sd and went maf, however i still have rich rich decel but do not have gregs settings......

Quote Originally Posted by stonemonk9 View Post
    Im currently tuning my car in SD mode by the AFR err way and its going well except decel, the very light load catergories from like 800-2k rpm. It's RICH no matter what i do, ive taken away over 50% after three different tunes, im guessin this maybe due to my 60lb injectors? Any other ideas? Car is cam only sprayed ls1 w/ full bolt ons and 60lb injectors.
    y do u have 60 pounds injectors? seams like alot of injector for what u got!

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

60lbs injectors are to big for the setup you have. 42lbs injectors would be sufficient.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Tuner in Training

Rich Decel

I'm having the same problem. Rich Decel after DFCO !

I've used settings that were originally in the tune and settings from Greg's CD. Nothing changes Rich Decel !

I have 454 cubes with the 60lb Deka (Mototrons) ...

Any Ideas ??

BTW, when it's DFCO I have an O2 reading of 20.9 so their shutting off !

But WTH ?
    Thx
    Last edited by davidws6; 10-01-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: .

What's with all of the too big comments? If setup properly, 60's will run just fine on a 100% car...

The OP's problem is no doubt short-pulse related.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training

Too big ?

If set up properly, could you elaborate on this a little?

My min pulse width is .805 and Default is .805. Yet on a website I see Minimum turn on time of 1.14ms. That tells me that the Min pulse width should equal this . Short pulse limit is 3.997

Flow rate is 72.92 > 79.92 Offset has been updated.

Thx
    Last edited by davidws6; 10-02-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: .

Tuner in Training

Nice VE Table !!

Well, the VE table looks SWEET and this turd really MOVES !!
    Still have a lil rich decel but might be nature of the beast... Cause I don't like the eng revvin up to correct the AFR. I want it to go back to idle asap! Using DFCO is 20.9 then 12.0 after for a lil while.

So far, the tune is spot on and she really goes good, n fact SCARY !!!!

Don't think I'll change anything !!

So, off for that comparison soon for the intake change!!! .

BTW used 1.307 for Min pulse width and default. Seems to work better than .805 for both... A lil less rich decel with these settings.. Cause the website says 1.14 turn on time?? That's a lil more than .805ms ....

Ciao a Tutti !!
    Last edited by davidws6; 10-03-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: .