Thread: Trans Current Gear ?

Tuner in Training

Trans Current Gear ?

will the Trans Current Gear pid tell me when im in park or reverse. when i crank the car , leave it in park, and start the scan in says its in first, when i put in reverse it still says 1st. im wondering if i have something wrong electrically. i just finished up putting my new converter in and the car wont go in reverse. also neutral will only push foward. the car will not roll backwards.

The PRNDL PID will tell you all of those. The Current Gear PID just tells you what forward gear you are in.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by 12leavu View Post
    will the Trans Current Gear pid tell me when im in park or reverse. when i crank the car , leave it in park, and start the scan in says its in first, when i put in reverse it still says 1st. im wondering if i have something wrong electrically. i just finished up putting my new converter in and the car wont go in reverse. also neutral will only push foward. the car will not roll backwards.
    Dude, do NOT move the car! You have something serious going on, whether it be a clutchpack staying engaged or something. Sounds like Forward clutches are stuck on for starters.

As for the readings you see in the scanner they are right. It WILL show 1st gear when in reverse, park and neutral.

Good luck!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266 View Post
    Dude, do NOT move the car! You have something serious going on, whether it be a clutchpack staying engaged or something. Sounds like Forward clutches are stuck on for starters.

As for the readings you see in the scanner they are right. It WILL show 1st gear when in reverse, park and neutral.

Good luck!
    No, EC Tune is right. That PID just tells you which FORWARD gear it is commanding. Mine does it to. However the PRNDL status will show "Park".

I know he is, Im just telling you the one you have selected is correct in its readings.

Still, there's a reason the car moves in neutral & has no reverse. I had this happen on a 4L60 with a melted fwd clutchpack and a broken accum piston among other things.

Tuner in Training trx2stroke4life39's Avatar
    May sound stupid but did you check the fluid level and did you fill the converter before installing it?
    2001- Silverado 4.8, coldair intake, custom catback, headers, Stohner Tuned
    2003- durmax dads truck.Yet to be tuned completely.