Thread: LM1 Problem + EIO(NOT Offset Question!)

Tuner in Training

LM1 Problem + EIO(NOT Offset Question!)

Ok so I do not want to beat around the bush and start another LM-1 thread, but i read through a lot of them and have not found my answer yet, so maybe someone here can help me out.

So, i reprogrammed my LM-1 with LM-Program(0=10 5 =18) yadda yadda

Hooked up as red is pin 1 white pin 2 ground pin 5

Edited Input one in the scanner to 10 and .625 ish, start up the truck and i get 14.6 ish, and the scanner says 14.5ish, not off by much, i can live with that!....

Did a couple of WOT pulls and looked at the logs, hmmm no way those AFRs stayed at 14.6 at WOT, did another pull and focused on the LM1 this time. dropped down to 13.0 while the scanner still said 14.6,

What gives I thought i had it all figured out and i was happy, but i guess not hahahah

Thanks for the help you can give guys!
    (attached is the scan log of one WOT pull when it happened)

Ok ,1-set your LM-1 as follow: 0=10,5=18.13 (when you set it to 18.00 it actually reads 17.98).(the new value for the equation in HPT scanner will be 0.615 volt).

2- set both 0 volt & 5 volt cells in LM-programmer temporary to 2.9 volt (2.9 volt= 14.71 afr)[click advanced,set response speed to 1/6 or 1/3).

3- Load the attached Config file.

4- Fire up the engine & switch on your LM-1.

5- Click connect then start scanning, open #8 histogram & watch the figures,it should read 14.71,if it is reading more, subtract,if less add.

Example: Scanner reading 15.0 instead of 14.71.Go to configure LM-1 in the scanner [user defined] & subtract 0.3 from + 10 [new value + 9.7].Recheck your reading.

always check your wide band while the engine is running.

Hope this will help.
    Last edited by talsayed; 02-28-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: image added

Senior Tuner
    Thats a great idea.

You can also set the LM1 and I believe the LC1 to different things during warm up. So you can accomplish the same thing. say sit at 2.9v during warmup for a sanity check to see if your offsets are still correct.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I'll give it a try, I haven't had a chance to do it since its been snowing.

I was just wondering though, if my offset is off, the scanner won't change AFR if the LM-1 does?

I mean as i said its only slightly off, but it doesn't even move when the LM-1 changes..

Tuner in Training
    Hey, i did what you said and here are the results.

I did a run, you can clearly see it and i got the AFR error as accurate as i can to 14.7.
    And also where i go partial WOT you can see where the AFR stays the same
    It stays the same on HP Scanner, but on the LM-1 it goes to 12.5

I honestly don't want to tune with the LM-1 and an RPM cable. I would have bought the standard version if i were going to do that!!

Please help lol, i can't tune without the wideband working.

and my cable is wired up as

Pin 1 - Red
    pin 2 - white
    pin 5 - ground

^^^ if i didn't say it before in a previous post im not sure

Either I'm an idiot or should pin 1 be white for analog output 1? I think i've read different things in different forums about 20 times! lol

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nexus1155; 03-23-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    You say your EIO is wired with those wires? You do not need all of them, just pin 1 (analog output from WB) and then pin 5 is a ground. I'm not familiar with the LMs but I use an LC-1 and it has 2 analog outputs, I use 1 for a gauge, and the second analog output 2 I configured it for 0=10 5=18, and ran it to the EIO on pin 1 (this was a white wire on the LC1). Bottom line, you only need 1 output configured properly to work with the hptuners, and have that output going to the EIO, no sense in having both hooked up.

Note: For pin 5 on the EIO I go straight to a chassis ground under the dash. You do not ground your wide band to the EIO cable, you ground it to the chassis.

Your wiring is correct red is output 1 on the LM1, white is output 2.

im slow and cant seem to get this right between what my LM1 says and my HPT say

Try using a good volt meter and comparing the EIO input voltages to your meter and make sure they're changing. You can open the scanner, use the VCM controls to go open loop, and command a different AFR in the Fuel Spark controls. This will be much easier than trying to drive while watching your meter and LM1 readout.

All you need to do is the math to know what voltage you should see at any AFR or what AFR you should see with any input voltage.

If you see 2.45 volts, divide that by .625 or multiply by 1.6 and add 10. That's 13.92 AFR

see chart below.
    Last edited by blownbluez06; 07-15-2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.