Thread: Wheel Hop FTL

Tuner in Training

Wheel Hop FTL

Ive already limited boost to 50% in first gear and ramped it up to 90%. However since the cold weather hit the streets im hopping mad hard.

Anyway I can limit my ETC% in 1st gear 25%? I dont quite fully understand how i would be able to.

Tuner in Training
    do you have poly mounts? i have the two lower tranny and a custom filled pass side mount and i never get wheel hop even with my drag radials...

tuning will only do so much in this case...

Tuner in Training
    if its your daily driver fill the mounts, they make a hell of a difference with a little added cabin vibration. If it isn't, opt for solid mounts....

You can detune it but then you would lose a crapload of power to get rid of wheelhop. It is a FWD car after all, and the way the suspension is setup, you will get it. (dealt with it in my friends Sentra SE-R SpecV we used Home Depot washers )

Tuner in Training
    Also implement the pedal on the right...

...learn how to not use full throttle as the occasion demands. You'll go quicker, and break a lot less parts, for wheel hop is the single most abusive thing you can do to your driveline. I've got some good info in the article below:

How Not To Spend Useless Money on Driveline Parts