Thread: U0101 TCM Comm code

Tuner in Training

U0101 TCM Comm code

I logged a friends 2008 GMC Sierra last night and after doing a PCM read (high speed checked) the truck started giving a U0101 "Lost comm with TCM" code. The truck will crank but will not shift when driving.

Can anyone give any insight how to correct this issue or if it is possible HPTuners did anything to the PCM and/or TCM? My EIO is not licensed to write to this PCM so I don't see how I could have written anything to the truck.

Please help.

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to add, it was late last night when this started happening. I suggested to him to park the truck and disconnect the battery in hopes this would reset everything. We have not tried the truck this morning yet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try disconnecting the battery & or tcm fuse for 30 seconds, TCM probably needed to be reset after the read.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Try disconnecting the battery & or tcm fuse for 30 seconds, TCM probably needed to be reset after the read.
    Thanks Bill. As I said in the 2nd post we did disconnect the battery over night. I just spoke with my friend and that cleared up the problem. Is this an HPTuners bug or a problem with these TCM's?

Problem with the TCM. You always have to do a reset after a read. Don't know why though.
    Always Support Our Troops!