Thread: Trail Blazer SS

Trail Blazer SS

Well I tried tunning my first TBSS last night.

I had a few problems:

First one: Every time I would try to write the tune I would get a message about the battery or cable being disconnected. It would not do anything after that, not even crank. Well I fianlly re-wrote the entire pcm and no problem. I decided to try again and write just the calibration and the same error message appeared.
    Is this a problem that has happened?

Next : I noticed that the throttle body does not open a full 100 %. Which this caused my wot shift points to be off. Is there something to make this throttle body to open a 100%

Last : How do you get it to work on performance mode, or does this not apply to the TBSS?

Thanks in advance, Jesse

Tuner in Training
    I believe you will not see 100% TPS and the max will be 83% at full throttle. This is because at idle it remains at 17%. Therefore the 17+83 = 100%

For your last question...The TBSS does not have a performance mode.

Senior Tuner
    :lol:

Well, your close but not right about the explanation.

The %TPS reading is a scale of TPS voltage. At full open throttle (manually open to 100% straight in the throttle bore by hand) the %TPS will read 88%. The TBSS is limited by the PCM to open only to the 83% reading.

Full closed on the throttle bore reads 17%. Meaning the PCM will only open/close the throttle a maximum that is slightly less than the physical stop.
    (For comparison, the Corvette and GTO PCM allows the full open throttle, and it's %TPS reading of 88% cooresponds to full open, as it would in the TBSS if the PCM would allow it to go that far).

The idle reading on mine flutuates between 25-35 %TPS. The reason is at closed throttle, again, it is only a scale of the mearured TPS voltge, and that scale is not calibrated from 0-100%.

Basically a TBSS only allows a max physical throttle opening about 92% from stop to stop(which corresponds to the 83%TPS reading.)

I've been trying to figure out where to change this limit for a while, because it's obviously a setting or parameter in the PCM that no one has figured out how to access yet We need to change the limit from 83% to 88% by TPS reading to get full open throttle. In short, the TBSS is being robbed of it's full throttle potential.

To enable the performance mode, you can wire a switch to the PCM input pin for the normal 4x4 tow/haul mode, as well as an indicator LED to a status output monitor, then you will have to populate the Performance tables in the TCM. There are online guides on how to do this, I have seen it myself, just google search if your really interested in it. The only thing to be gained is trans tuning, the performance table is not an option in the PCM, it's only in the TCM.
    Last edited by BBA; 10-10-2007 at 11:26 AM.

On E67 PCM's you will have to do a Write Entire every time. See the stickies about that one.
    If you can, do a screen shot of the error when it occurs.

TPS issue answered HERE
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    On E67 PCM's you will have to do a Write Entire every time. See the stickies about that one.
    If you can, do a screen shot of the error when it occurs.
    ????

I don't do that with my 06 TBSS. As a matter of fact Bill with HPT told me "On some computers a failed write entire can fry the pcm. Write calibration only writes are almost always recoverable so should be used whenever possible."

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    ????

I don't do that with my 06 TBSS. As a matter of fact Bill with HPT told me "On some computers a failed write entire can fry the pcm. Write calibration only writes are almost always recoverable so should be used whenever possible."
    06's have a different pcm than 07+

06's have the E40, 07+ have the E67 and require a write entire each time otherwise you'll receive a 1C0000 error.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thats the error I am talking about.
    Thanks, so all this is normal?
    I have nothing to worry about!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Normal and is actually covered in the troubleshooting section of our help file at www.hptuners.com/help
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    06's have a different pcm than 07+

06's have the E40, 07+ have the E67 and require a write entire each time otherwise you'll receive a 1C0000 error.
    OK, he did not say what year he had. So the response must have been based on a known error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    OK, he did not say what year he had. So the response must have been based on a known error.

Thanks
    Sorry, It is an 07