Thread: Speartech Harness LS& & HP Tune

Tuner in Training

Speartech Harness LS& & HP Tune

Hello-
    The hardware is a Speartech Harness for LS that is made from a repurposed GM ECU.

Speartech says they set up the ECU using HPTuner software

Here's where I am at, I need the PID mapping from the ECU to provide the cluster maker to then be able to display engine data:
    RPM
    Speed
    Oil Pressure
    Coolant Temperature
    MAF temp or other data off MAFS, mass air flow sensor
    Perhaps gear

The point is that Speartech doesn't get into this field, and while they are using the HPTuner software, they don't get into PID mapping, and apparently don't need to either.

Does anyone here know where this data resides and how to get it?

I can't be the first out there looking to be able to do this.

Save yourself a ton of aggravation and google Can Bus Gauges etc.
    You can get Clusters, Ind gauges, and even driver modules that do exactly what you are looking for.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index....rod/prd752.htm

Thousands of options available

Also,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

You can also get it from HPT xml files if you want to do things the hardway

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate your reply and thoughts on the aggravation & DD suggestion, however they don't have anything close to what we need, which is a 12.3 diagonal screen.

Having the GM ECU and HPTuners Tune inside that, all the cluster guy needs is the pid maping for the basics I mentioned above.

From the wiki link not sure what I am looking for as far as a table to give them...

I know the basic of reading error codes, etc and figuring out what those mean, but what table to I give them to set up the programing so it works when we fire up this LS engine?

Tuner in Training
    moving to top, hoping someone knows what I need to read the can within Gm podule that has been reprogrammed with HPTUNERS...

Tuner
    The information your looking for has nothing to do with hp tuners, it doesnt matter if they used hp tunrs, eif live, or sct those are just programs to change the calibration in the ecm.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    The information your looking for has nothing to do with hp tuners, it doesnt matter if they used hp tunrs, eif live, or sct those are just programs to change the calibration in the ecm.
    I appreciate your input

- where do I get the data?
    --- PID and ranges so that I can have a person program a cluster with this and know it works once plugged into the Harness and PCM???

RPM
    Speed
    Oil Pressure
    Coolant Temperature
    MAF temp or other data off MAFS, mass air flow sensor
    Perhaps gear

Quote Originally Posted by RestomodC2 View Post
    I appreciate your reply and thoughts on the aggravation & DD suggestion, however they don't have anything close to what we need, which is a 12.3 diagonal screen.

Having the GM ECU and HPTuners Tune inside that, all the cluster guy needs is the pid maping for the basics I mentioned above.

From the wiki link not sure what I am looking for as far as a table to give them...

I know the basic of reading error codes, etc and figuring out what those mean, but what table to I give them to set up the programing so it works when we fire up this LS engine?

You are attempting to create software that will capture and decode a GM OBD-II CanBus data stream, and then display this in a digital gauge format, using a pre-existing tablet.

Essentially, you are trying to manufacture a CanBus set of automotive gauges. Many companies already sell this type of product - Autometer, Dakota Digital, and others.

Perhaps you could contact one of these companies and ask them for the software program that they use to enable their products to function. After they stop laughing, and realize that you are actually serious about such a ludicrous inquiry - they will politely tell you to get lost.

Tuner in Training
    You are way off base and flat out wrong

Second
    You are taking this request for help off base then insulting me

Please don?t post cause your insults are NOT appreciated

PID tables are out there HPTuners uses them
    They know what they are

The rest of this is stuff hundreds of people have done already

GM ECU

Who has the lid tables and value range for a LS v8???

First ... you have the market cornered on arrogance.

Second ... you are asking the rest of the world to build your custom gauge cluster for free.

Third ... much of what you are trying to acquire falls into the category of Intellectual Property - which no one will share for free.

HPTuners wrote their own proprietary software for their scanner, as did EFILive and other companies.

Perhaps you could ask Facebook how to construct a social media platform.

Here you go.
    https://gsitlc.ext.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/pdf/GM%20CAN%20mode%20$06%20data%20final_dm.pdf

Tuner in Training
    You are so worong in all aspects of your continued insults and attacks

You don?t belong on this forum

Leave

Tuner in Training
    Thank you TheMechanic
    This looks to be what they cluster builder asked for

I?ll work with this and see if they can build a cluster