Thread: Idle issues help greatly appreciated!

Idle issues help greatly appreciated!

Would anyone mind sharing some pointers on getting a good clean idle sound and wanting to stall when I let off gas quick? Ignore the wideband reading it has a slight leak before the coupler. 408 Rec Port Heads, LS3 Intake, Fitech 92MM TB, 11.8:1 Compression, BTR Stage 3 400+ N/A Cam, TH400 RMVB

new throttle body idle and light rev.hplJosh New ECU 00 SS V19.hpt00.Channels.xml00.Layout.xml

Advanced Tuner
    You need to add some airflow to the Idle throttle Follower. 13% TPS and up use 1.00, 3.5%TPS at 0.16 and 2.0%TPS 0.04 interpolate between should help. If it still drops when lift, scan log for speed/gear it happens and 1/2 the Decay in that area. Should help.

I've been chasing down a weird ground issue on the TPS turns out. Thats why when I Key off and back on it always jumps back to 2-3.0%
    2000 Camaro SS 408 TH400
    2012 Subaru WRX STI
    2013 Camaro SS
    2001 Corvette Z06

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS View Post
    I've been chasing down a weird ground issue on the TPS turns out. Thats why when I Key off and back on it always jumps back to 2-3.0%
    A lot of times this is just slop in the throttle body or slop in the shaft to TPS sensor. If it is the latter you can fix it by wrapping some tape on the shaft.

Fueling matters probably more than anything when getting idle. Can you do another log with a healthy wideband?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs