Thread: '17 Mustang GT/Whipple Stage 1 OS Question

'17 Mustang GT/Whipple Stage 1 OS Question

I'm currently changing my fuel system over to a GT350 dual OEM pump setup, and was also going to add in a fuel pressure transducer so that I can monitor fuel pressure. My IMRC units are obviously gone due to the Whipple, so I was wondering, could I use the IMRC position for the fuel pressure sensor input and log through the scanner, then use a transform function to convert to fuel PSI? Used to do this a lot through EGR on LS setups with wideband....ect.

However, I see Whipple offered a fuel pressure sensor kit that works with the Whipple Flare software and has a fuel pressure safety cut feature in my Flight Control settings. Unable to find much documentation on that, and perhaps that's how Whipple logs the fuel PSI as well, so I wouldn't want to interfere with that or cause issues if so....waiting on Whipple for clarification on how their Fuel PSI kit works in conjunction with their tune.

Seems not a lot of guys tune on the Whipple tune....but honestly, I love it. The boost by gear feature works wonders when adjusting for E/T and bracket racing, and track conditions, so I'm wanting to stick with it as long as I can.....but it's hard finding resources that tell how it functions. I believe it references something in the BCM memory for torque by gear, spark and some other things, but need a little help there if anyone is familiar with it....

Thank you!!!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Whipple uses the imrc pigtail for charge air temperature

Quote Originally Posted by GSLSE20B View Post
    Whipple uses the imrc pigtail for charge air temperature
    Right, but there are two IMRC position sensors, and the calibration only converts one of them into manifold charge temp (IAT2).

The other IMRC position sensor connecter is just tied back, and has a GND/VREF/Signal wire that theoretically could be used still.....

I got word back from Whipple, the fuel rail pressure sensor kit was never developed. It was put in the instruction packet with the Flare software tool, but never made production. No worries there, I would just like to find a logging solution through the OBD port vs running the signal into the pro port on the MPVI2. At worse, I could always do that route and use the GND/5v Vref on the IMRC 2 connector that's just hanging out right now.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Well I was able to hear back from Whipple, and it sounds like the 2nd IMRC signal circuit is configured to be used as a BARO sensor, although it was never utilized, so adding any input on that will cause issues as well. Looks like I'll just put the rail pressure in through the pro input plug and log that way.
    '17 Whipple'd S550