Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changes have no effect

Advanced Tuner

changes have no effect

widebandvve1.2.hpt

can i get a second set of eyes on this tune? im trying to tune with the wideband but for some reason, it seems to only want to idle at 12.5ish AFR and is super rich everywhere like its in PE all the time. Thanks in advance.

Is... there a reason why Stoich is at 13.58? Much confused!

Advanced Tuner
    i actually was just changing that back. ive been using a comparison file to look at sort of like a guidance tool and had must've copied those in and forgotten to change them back. Regardless, no changes i make to the tune has any effect. Always commanding rich. i was hoping you may have caught a setting i may have missed. At one-point last night, it was rich everywhere and when you would apply the throttle it would start to lean out some. idk what i am missing but its got me going in circles. should i be logging AFR COMMANDED or EQ RATIO COMMANDED along with WB EQ RATIO?

Tuning Addict
    You know it's in open loop right?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    engine modes.pdf

yes open loop. i did however forget to put PE where i would normally have it. not sure on the fuel adder tables though. going to give it another go tomorrow and see what happens.

Senior Tuner
    ur sort of failing maf but also using it, are u ment to be SD only ?

Advanced Tuner
    yes i want to fail the MAF. what else needs to be done to fail MAF?

Senior Tuner
    p0101,2,3 set to mill first error, dynamic high 8100 dynamic low 8000, and the rpm and thresh 400 u can set to all 0, enable delay 0, should get it failed instantly

Advanced Tuner
    thanks man! ill give it a go after work and see what happens. p0101,2,3 was an oversight on my part. i knew something was wrong, i just didnt realize i had not set those. much appreciated!
    Last edited by LS ROB; 06-03-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    ok. ive made the suggested changes but cannot get p0101 dtc to set. i can get 102, 103 and when i log maf airflow sensor state, it shows failed but no p101. I've changed things around several times; threshold counts, swapped dyn air enable/re-enable around, temp for p0101 made sure dtcs are all on 1st error.. just not sure at this point. only thing I can think that i haven't done is 0 out the maf curve which i will do when i post this.

widebandvve1.3.hpt

UPDATE***
    zero'd out the maf curve, car wouldnt start....
    Last edited by LS ROB; 06-03-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Hmmm...
    Have you checked it with a different scanner? Possibly the scanner isn't picking it up for some reason...

I seem to remember blindsquirrel saying he had one he had to set to "0" fail high and "0" fail low...
    I could be remembering wrong, but might not hurt to try
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    ill give that a try in a few minutes D. i appreciate you offering that up. Hopefully maf fails.. ill report back

Advanced Tuner
    tried high/low 0/0. same result. car cranks, fires, and dies. if i put the maf curve back in it, it will start and run, so it has to be referencing the maf somehow. still not getting p0101.

I never get P0101 set, only P0102 & P0103. No MAF installed.

If the MAF is still there and plugged in and failed properly, you'll get only P0103. Removing it completely will add the P0102.

Even though the codes are set to 'First Error', they often won't show up in the logfile's 'Details' pane until the second session after a reflash, if that's the way you're checking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I never get P0101 set, only P0102 & P0103. No MAF installed.

If the MAF is still there and plugged in and failed properly, you'll get only P0103. Removing it completely will add the P0102.

Even though the codes are set to 'First Error', they often won't show up in the logfile's 'Details' pane until the second session after a reflash, if that's the way you're checking for them.
    Curious...
    Will a Scanner like a Verus Pro pick it up on first error?
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Advanced Tuner
    yeah, that's where I'm looking. I'll read dtc's and I get 102 & 103. So i should only be looking for the 103 then if I understand what you're saying? What is weird though, when I zero'd out the MAF freq. table, the car wouldn't run. That's why I thought it was referencing the MAF sensor somehow.

Your high count/low count thresholds are set to 400. Should be 1 for both. It's waiting till it gets to 400 before it fails.

[ECM] 4006 - MAF Freq Test High Count Thresh: Number of high frequency counts above the fail frequency before MAF DTC P0103 will be set.
    [ECM] 4007 - MAF Freq Test Low Count Thresh: Number of low frequency counts below the fail frequency before MAF DTC P0102 will be set.

------------------------------------

If you check current codes it/they will show, but if you stop the scan and open the logfile they won't be in the Details pane, if it's the first run after a flash (or, I presume, after manually clearing codes).

If you have the MAF installed and plugged in but just failed in the tune, you will not get P0102 because the MAF is still generating a frequency.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for that info squirrel. I've got those changed and feel I should be able to make some progress now. Thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    widebandvve1.6.hplwidebandvve1.6.hptcruise.hpl

I put in some drive time today and I seem to have an issue. If I copy / paste / multiply % 1/2, my VVE table looks rough but the numbers seem to head in the right direction. If i smooth after i paste, i always seem to be rich, especially in the 750-1000 rpm range. i attached the tune and log for tuning VVE. In that log, VE & DYNAMIC AIRFLOW are close but when i put it back into closed loop, DYN & VE AIRFLOW doesn't line up anymore as seen in the "cruise" log. Do I need to disable PE? I've seen some say yes and some say no. I still have it active as of now.
    Last edited by LS ROB; 06-05-2022 at 10:12 PM.

Are you smoothing over a large area?

I did some VVE tonight and different areas looked like Mt. Everest...
    So I put the graph and 3D side by side... Used the mouse on the 3D and circled around the "Spikes" while watching on the graph...
    Once I identified the range of the Spike, I would choose that in the graph and smooth...

When I was done with all the spikes I looked for big "Valleys" in the 3D and addressed them...