Thread: Problem dial in VE tables when tuning for SD mode.

Problem dial in VE tables when tuning for SD mode.

Hi,
    I'm running a Ford -32 Coupe with LS1 from a Camaro 2002 with 243 heads and LS6 cam, Holley single plane manifold and Holley 4 barrel throttle body. I have run 5 iteration, each with a 20 min drive with various loads and a wide band lambda logging AFR error. After every run I have applied the the logged matrix of AFR errors to the VE table with "paste special ...". I also carefully applied interpolation for cells and areas where logged values were missing. After four iterations I ended up with the VE table in the attached tune file. On a fifth test run with logging I still get som bad AFR errors. See the attached log file. There are some few very lean spots and some not so bad but rich spots. If I apply these logged AFR error and try making interpolation the VE table look absolutely crazy in my opinion.

Am I on the wrong track trying to dial in my VE table for SD mode?

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

The origin of the tune and the VE table is LS1 (Camaro 2002). Maybe I should start with a LS6 VE table (from a Corvette Z06 2003)?

Advanced Tuner
    You just need to filter out the transients. That error data is characteristic of transient MAP, TPS, etc..

In what way can you filter besides setting "cell hits required"? Some example?
    Thank you!