Thread: 2008 LY6 2500HD Tune Recommendations

Potential Tuner

2008 LY6 2500HD Tune Recommendations

New to tuning I have been gradually tuning this truck for a little while now. I don't drive the truck everyday so it's a work in progress. I am planning on getting a wideband sometime soon. The truck seems to be running pretty well. I'm just seeing if you all have any suggestions. I will include tune, and log file thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Remove that 8,192rpm delay, change it to 1,500rpm. This way it will go into PE much quicker instead of seconds after you go full throttle or until much higher rpm. Probably will want to raise the MAP kpa enable up to 75kpa and raise your TPS back up to 60-65% so you don't dip in and out of PE so much.

There is lots of knock in the log but I see that on the 6.0's in the heavy duty trucks. Most of it is not real but some of it is because of how the engine runs and when 87 octane is used. I'd turn off burst knock by settings the base vs cylair delta table to zero for all cells and look into making the knock sensor a little less sensitive. Also have old worn motor mounts can make knock worse.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    What should I do as far as making the knock sensors less sensitive? Should I also adjust spark advance low octane tables down some?
    Thanks

Tuning Addict
    You can detune the knock sensors some, but honestly after looking at the tune if your running 87 that may be pretty close to real knock especially with today's really junk fuels... You won't be able to compare everything, but this truck weighs 17 to 20,000 lbs in regular stop and go running wot stop to stop. It has audible spark knock with anything under 2000rpms and light throttle running 87. You may have to open this one in a separate file by itself to see everything. I also did some things in this one like making spark tables the same that I don't recommend - I drive it, so not worried and running this tune for 4 yrs straight now.

If you want to modify your knock sensor settings - you have recovery rate and the actual knock parameters. You raise the actual cyl parameters and the recovery rate - on recovery rate I wouldn't go above .555 for the cells lower than that if you modify the knock cyl settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC