Thread: 408 swapped sierra denali new to tuning

Potential Tuner

408 swapped sierra denali new to tuning

Hello all ,
    First off happy Easter. so im new to tuning and i recently swapped my 2008 gmc sierra denali with a blue print 408 stroker. With the old 5 star 6.2 tune the truck is hard starting unless i use flood dump runs rough and idle is low. i recently recieved the mpvi2+ and am still waiting on wide band to come. plan on learning to do the tuning myself ive read alot and watched alot of youtube vids. i just need some general guidance to get me going also i messed with the startup/idle mapping and tried to "write calibration" and it keeps coming up with the OS has different id's no idea what that means any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance i did get a scan today of the idle with stock tune ill attach it2008 gmc sierra first idle log.hpl2008 gmc stock tune.hpt

I'd suggest starting with the stock tune and not a tune by another vendor. Can you flash it back to stock with whatever you were using before?

The amount of changes required for this build is more than I could list off the top of my head. But before you even start you will need larger fuel injectors. At a minimum I would get 50 or 52lb/hr injectors from a flex fuel 6.0 or flex fuel 6.2 truck.

To try to get it to idle I'd up the idle rpm to 800rpm when warm and add like 20-30% to the base running airflow for the idle rpm area's.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    i have 58lb 525cc being delivered monday 525 g/h fuel pump 17/8 long tubes y pipe no cats for now have a high cat ordered but on back order. i can flash the truck back to stock with the sct programmer i used with 6.2 ill do that today and post stock tune. thanks