Thread: Injector Duty Cycle at 80%? Is the math parameter offered in the scanner ok to use?

Tuner in Training

Injector Duty Cycle at 80%? Is the math parameter offered in the scanner ok to use?

I'm wondering if using the math offered in the scanner to log Injector duty cycle is a mistake. I was lead to believe the injectors were good to 350+ HP which seems correct giving the rated flow and pressure. I'm N/A with a lot of mods but I don't believe I'm anywhere near that. My WB is showing that I'm getting leaner as the RPM's increase in WOT and the Injector Duty Cyle is hitting 80%. I'm seeing up to 14.2 AFR with a commanded 12.2.

Maybe I've got dirty injectors?

Any input is appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, the math is pretty accurate. 18-21 GT factory injectors are (36 lbs./hr) 36#/hr = N/A 425-540 hp Boosted 350-450 hp this is an oldy but a goody; Good Formula =injector size in lbs./hr. = (Max. HP x BSFC) / (number of injectors x duty cycle) For High Compression engines BSFC 0.45 (no mods) to 0.55 (highly modified), For Super/Turbocharged BSFC 0.55 to 0.65 (with modifications)

you may need to check pressure drop across the injectors, and fuel pump duty cycle. hard to say with out knowing anything anything about your vehicle.