Thread: Gen 4 Viper standalone run issues!!

Gen 4 Viper standalone run issues!!

Hi all
    Put A 2008 Gen 4 Viper in A 1971 Roadrunner I've modified the viper engine 'bay' harness to operate standalone and using everything from the viper only modification is to the exhaust 'past the manifolds' and the inlet tubes/ air box. MAF sensors have been custom mounted in the pipes. Using stock controller with HP Tuners file. engine fires right up every time except it jumps into limp mode 9 times of of 10. The times it don't go into limp it runs ok until the throttle is actuated. i can get 1 maybe 2 quick hits before it jumps into limp again. While in limp throttle is inop and it runs like garbage!. I've done multiple throttle relearns from a chrysler scan tool and HP Tuners relearn.... sometimes it will reset sometimes it don't. All components check out (MAP MAF sensors, Throttle bodies, o2 sensors, cam, crank) and all wiring has been triple checked. only codes that return relentlessly is 2104 'electronic throttle control system-forced idle'. I've disabled airflow diagnostics with no change, deleted code, I've even did a throttle relearn with it disabled with no luck. throttle relearn with HP Tuners takes multiple trys to get it to take. I've wrote the file multiple times with no change. Not sure were or what to try next? could there be a glitch it the file from HP Tuners? I do know for sure engine ran fine in viper it was pulled form and all components are matched from the same car.
    any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 53mercury; 03-20-2022 at 08:43 PM.
    53 Mercury pickup triton3v V10 supercharged 150 nos 535rwhp
    71 Roadrunner gen 4 viper
    53 Chevy pickup 4x4 5.3L twin turbo