Thread: Need help with 6.0 silverado tune

Tuner in Training

Need help with 6.0 silverado tune

I had a 2011 Silverado 1500 4.8 2wd 4L60 with stabilitrak. I have recently installed the powertrain from a 2012 2500, rebuilt 6.0 L96 with big cam, higher compression pistons and VVT delete. Also I swapped the harness and ECM (E78) and installed a new 6L90 from Monster. I've been working through the tune process and am stuck with an issue where the truck is significantly altering spark timing to limit the torque. See the attached tune and scan files. Predicted engine torque source goes from "idle" to "axle" if I'm understanding correctly it should say "driver" if it's not being limited. Please take a look at the tune and offer any suggestions. I was currently about to start MAF tuning so some things are disabled but it's mostly a stock tune at this point other than some adjustments to get the truck to idle better. Also check out how the spark timing is jumping around at idle.
    11a_MAF.hpt3_5_22_KY Try 2.hpl

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Disregard what I said previously about predicted engine torque source needing to say "driver", still learning. Here is another scan with more relevant PIDs. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Give this one a try. It should help considerably.

11a_MAF KW MOD.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help! I finally felt comfortable driving the truck outside of my neighborhood to collect more data . Here is my latest scan. Still having some issues where it feels unresponsive to accel pedal and seems to shift too early. I'm unsure if it's related to the tune or if it's an issue with the swap. Could be a wrong setting somewhere since I'm running 2500HD ECM, engine and 6l90 trans with 1500 fuel system and brake module. Again any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    i looked at your tune. And a few things need to change. First go to edit and vertual torque set at least 100 ftlb more in airmass and maff table. This will keep you from pulling timming. log your torque and adjust from log. Next in trans adjust your converter to not lockup too soon. I added at least 10mph. If you are unsure how to tune vertual torque goat rope garage has good youtube.

Tuner in Training
    also in torque management peak torque add some there also