Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bumps in MAF curve. Injection timing?

Senior Tuner
    That's pretty much it. And multiply by 1/4 and analyse the change in excel to see which side of a cell was influenced. The traditional approach of multiplying by half did not work for me in the lower maf cells.
    When looking at the time spent in each cell it really does blow through those lower maf cells quick!
    Yes, ill have put the injector timing changes in and see how that looks.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    That's pretty much it. And multiply by 1/4 and analyse the change in excel to see which side of a cell was influenced. The traditional approach of multiplying by half did not work for me in the lower maf cells.
    When looking at the time spent in each cell it really does blow through those lower maf cells quick!
    Yes, ill have put the injector timing changes in and see how that looks.
    Old thread, but did you ever get any further with this mate?

I, and many others, have tried just about everything there is to bring these lean spots back into line.

Seems a somewhat common problem for LSA running more boost and large injectors.

Lowering the rail pressure is the only thing that brought the lean spots down, in my case. The lower the pressure, the richer the spots went, with no other fuelling changes. Lower pressure would only effect those two specific RPM, the surrounding unchanged.

This is currently one of the last unresolved mysteries of the LSA!
    2017 HSV Clubsport R8 LSA 30th Anniversary M6 - GMM triple-step headers, Cat delete, Stock HSV catback, Harrop pod intake, ID1050X injectors, KB BAP, 2.35" Griptec pulley w/ Gates RPM belt, FII blower & lid spacers, FII reservoir, Mantic 9000 ceramic clutch, Elite Eng. catch can, AEM 30-0334 wideband

Senior Tuner
    Somewhat, it's within a handful of percent now so I left it and had a sandwhich and called it done. I spent a lot more time on my ve table in that area, also mucked around with the 2nd fuel pump staging points. Managed to get the big bump out of my maf. Injection timing is still stock.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Somewhat, it's within a handful of percent now so I left it and had a sandwhich and called it done. I spent a lot more time on my ve table in that area, also mucked around with the 2nd fuel pump staging points. Managed to get the big bump out of my maf. Injection timing is still stock.
    Fair enough mate. Very strange situation, so repeatable. Really stuffs the VE up.

I tried advanced injection timing, retarded timing - neither got rid of the spots.

I will try some different fuel pressure again, that helped me the most, but I would rather pressure be higher.

Guess I will just have to live with the crappy VE and inconsistency through there.

If I am not logging I feel no difference in the drive, that is all that matters I guess
    2017 HSV Clubsport R8 LSA 30th Anniversary M6 - GMM triple-step headers, Cat delete, Stock HSV catback, Harrop pod intake, ID1050X injectors, KB BAP, 2.35" Griptec pulley w/ Gates RPM belt, FII blower & lid spacers, FII reservoir, Mantic 9000 ceramic clutch, Elite Eng. catch can, AEM 30-0334 wideband