Thread: Transmission Tuning with GPEC5

Transmission Tuning with GPEC5

Is it possible to license and tune the transmission only on a GPEC5 vehicle?

I have a 21 392 Wrangler with an unreadable ECM but I can pull the transmission data.....

Would be awesome to at least get it shifting crispy while the brains crack the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Is it possible to license and tune the transmission only on a GPEC5 vehicle?

I have a 21 392 Wrangler with an unreadable ECM but I can pull the transmission data.....

Would be awesome to at least get it shifting crispy while the brains crack the code.
    Yes, I have done it both ways and its fine either way. PCM only read, TCM only read and then PCM/TCM together.
    Its a bit more convenient to have them in 1 file but in your case

I haven't tried it, but i think the intent of this feature in VCM is to bring two separate reads together.
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by duster360; 01-30-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks, but I am talking about licensing only the transmission on a GPEC5 vehicle (rather than any of the older readable ECMs).

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Thanks, but I am talking about licensing only the transmission on a GPEC5 vehicle (rather than any of the older readable ECMs).
    Its still a ZF 8HP with its own separate TCM, why wouldn't you be to read and license it?

Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    Its still a ZF 8HP with its own separate TCM, why wouldn't you be to read and license it?
    One would think....sometimes weird things happen with credits/licensing/etc, just making sure.
    Last edited by Higgs Boson; 01-30-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes you can pull it and modify it. If you do pull it I would be interested in a copy. I have spent 6+ months working on a version for 2018 supercharged wranglers and Gladiators with the 850Re. It would be nice to see how they have executed their torque management