Thread: LS3 Syclone with 4l65e ECM Stuck in 4WD LOW Help

LS3 Syclone with 4l65e ECM Stuck in 4WD LOW Help

Hello

I have a problem.

The Ecm detects 4wd low active. The Syclone does not have a 4wd low tranvercase.

(Problem no TCC function early Shifts)

And I didn't connect a cable to the pin.

Can I disable this or does one have an idea

Thanks for Help

2007_Avalanche_4l60e_Stock_Basis_Syclone_No_vats_Maf_Getriebe.hpt

screenshot.15-11-2021 15.16.36.png

From the diagram, that C1 pin 2 has a pull-up resistor inside, so it should have voltage when nothing connected. There's no description in the service manual as to whether the TCCM grounds that pin when in 4WD, or grounds it in 2WD. I would assume that not grounding it would make it default to 2WD, but GM doesn't always do it the logical way.

My first guess would be to see what happens with C1 pin 2 grounded.

If that makes no difference you probably have a broken ECM. SPS-programming the ECM with a same-year Avalanche 5.3 2WD VIN should make it irrelevant that the pin is not working as it should. 3GNEC12097G157510, 3GNEC12017G285675 are valid '07 Avalanche 2WD VINs.

okay I will test it tomorrow with the ground first.

thanks for your Help

(reply to PM placed here because PMs for this kind of thing are just annoying AF)

If you only have one ECM to do it doesn't really make sense to buy everything you need to do the programming yourself. There are many many places where you can buy a used ECM preprogrammed with SPS to the VIN of your choice. Just search for your ECM Service Number (12603892 or 12597121?) and 'programmed to your VIN' and you will get lots of results. Maybe not a lot local to you, but lots of results. Some of them will be sure to do international shipping. Ebay is probably the quickest way to find someone.

Also there are places that will program your ECM if you ship it to them.

Ah... doing a compare to a 2WD file, I see that you have left ECM DTC P2771 - Four Wheel Drive Low Sensor Circuit and U0102 - Lost Comm With TCCM still set to SES and MIL On Second Error. Might want to turn those off.

You also need to turn off all the P34xx DTCs since you have DOD master switch set to Disabled.

Thanks for your Help

I can SPS programming gm to 2005 with the Tech 2.

I also have an orginal MdI.

Would be interesting for us because we also many 6l80e Trans builds and can then also times Programming

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Ah... doing a compare to a 2WD file, I see that you have left ECM DTC P2771 - Four Wheel Drive Low Sensor Circuit and U0102 - Lost Comm With TCCM still set to SES and MIL On Second Error. Might want to turn those off.
    I have tried that once has changed nothing.

I guessed the ecm has a defect when it gets really warm in the engine compartment it sometimes goes with the gearbox
    then fits outputshaft speed ttc ......

But then the fans sometimes no longer go off

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    (reply to PM placed here because PMs for this kind of thing are just annoying AF)

If you only have one ECM to do it doesn't really make sense to buy everything you need to do the programming yourself. There are many many places where you can buy a used ECM preprogrammed with SPS to the VIN of your choice. Just search for your ECM Service Number (12603892 or 12597121?) and 'programmed to your VIN' and you will get lots of results. Maybe not a lot local to you, but lots of results. Some of them will be sure to do international shipping. Ebay is probably the quickest way to find someone.

Also there are places that will program your ECM if you ship it to them.
    When I buy an ecm and have it programmed

Does that work without reprogramming the Tcm?

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunction View Post
    When I buy an ecm and have it programmed

Does that work without reprogramming the Tcm?
    There is only one TCM segment different between 2WD/4WD, but I don't know any way to find out what stuff in that segment is different (it's not anything visible in the HPT settings). If there is an issue with the current TCM you can segment swap it after the ECM change without costing any credits.

The 2WD file I have been using for reference, has the same OS IDs as your current file, IDs are also the most current on TIS lookup site:
    2007 Avalanche 5.3 3GNEC12017G285675 ECM12614088-TCM24235341.hpt
    You can use this for the segment swap, if you need it.

Finally, here is your file with some changes you may not have been able to make if you are using a latest version of VCM Suite. I may not even be allowed to fully describe some of the changes, lots of posts mentioning the subject get deleted by admin.
    2007_Avalanche_4l60e_Stock_Basis_Syclone_No_vats_Maf_Getriebe (cat test, post-O2s, DTCs).hpt