Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10r80 Torque Modulation Tables

Tuner in Training
    My understanding of TQ+ torque source is based off my experience, which it only is seen during a rev-matched downshift. I have never seen it in any of my logs during an upshift and that's for all my cars and others I've tuned.

Here's what happens: A downshift is commanded and if the commanded downshift falls within necessary parameters to benefit from a rev-match, that's when TQ+ comes into play. If you watch logs closely, you'll see during the transition to TQ+ that spark is advanced dramatically during the commanded downshift. The point of this is because as we know, more spark will generally raise RPM. The purpose is to raise RPM during the downshift as quickly as possible to wherever desired and perform a smooth transfer of torque to the next gear. I guess you can think of it like the transmission asking/demanding for an increase in spark advance.

Now if you go to your mapped point(s) for decel and you cut the entire row for .10/.20 load in half, you will for one probably get a lot of backfiring during deceleration but more importantly you'll notice the rev-matching becomes lazy and progressively more lazy as spark is lowered. This is because you're creating a lower spark advance limit, and during the downshift operation the level of spark advance desired to achieve matched RPM quickly cannot be achieved in time/at all and the downshift will either fall into the next gear or just feel quite harsh.

I've been messing around trying to achieve both some subtle burbles/backfires during deceleration as well as crisp low-load downshifts, but this fights the rev-match logic. The lower you put your spark table for decel, the worse the rev-match logic will operate. Again, this is because TQ+ from trans is requiring a high spark advance very quickly to achieve a smooth rev match. I don't know all of this for certain, but this is at least my interpretation based on my data.
    Last edited by AdmiralSparklez; 10-17-2023 at 11:15 PM.

TQ+ from trans is for bumping up the pressure to avoid unnecessary clutch slipping at low load, defco, torque reductions etc

If you play with TQ model and your Brake Torque goes too low and you switched TQ+ off you might experience clutch slip at low load.
    TQ+ switch wont switch if off completely - this might be more complicated than we actually think...