Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VE Drops to Zero Randomly

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ90 View Post
    I never figured out what caused it, but when I returned to MAF/SD combined it went away. I see the odd spike in VE when I log still, but with MAF enabled it doesn't cause any break in power now.
    Did you try the air calc mode patch? This issue is documented fairly well...or the issue it appears to be anyway. You may need to request support to add the patch option for your OS.

Tuner in Training
    I never figured out what caused it, but when I returned to MAF/SD combined it went away. I see the odd spike in VE when I log still, but with MAF enabled it doesn't cause any break in power now.
    That's great that worked out for you, but I'm currently running mixed and still get the odd dip.

Ah well, it'll work itself out or it won't. It's beyond my abilities to sus out the culprit behind the problem.

Thanks for the reply!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Did you try the air calc mode patch? This issue is documented fairly well...or the issue it appears to be anyway. You may need to request support to add the patch option for your OS.
    I've not had that patch fix it for me.

I do almost everything in SD. I see it often. adjusting RPM MAP boundaries seems to help but ultimately will still be there.

2 Bar OS's will also fix it
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    I have not tried that. What is that/where can I find it?

I have not tried that. What is that/where can I find it?
    Not all OSes have it, yours doesn't. When available it's in the Operating System tab/section.

screenshot.07-03-2022 15.38.23.png