Thread: How do I disable the 6R80 in PCM to use separate trans controller?

Tuner in Training

How do I disable the 6R80 in PCM to use separate trans controller?

I have a 2012 Coyote with Whipple and 6R80 in a '33 Ford roadster. I'm using the PCM that came from the donor car for engine management, but I want use use a US Shift Quick 6 to control the 6R80 built by Performance Automatic. The Quick 6 installation instructions state that the transmission controls in the PCM should be disabled. If anyone can instruct me on how to do this, I will be most appreciative.

How come you do not want to use the factory 6R logic its very good but the quick 6 is good as well have used both if you are trying to get rid of sensors and other modules in the network I understand why you would not want to use the factory 6R logic? It does talks to a range of modules to operate at 100% but you can also disable a lot of those modules and have them not be apart of the algorithm.

You are going to have to play with it a little as well as disable a lot of stuff I do know from experience you can piggy back the quick 6 to some extent into the copperhead PCM to give some data and keep the auto PCM happy.

Post your original read and I can assist you in your project to get the trans section right or deleted.

Have you considered going to a control pack manual strategy or manual OE? You can DM me if you don't want to post your read.
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.