Thread: gen 3 f150 coyote engine harness/ control pack question

Potential Tuner

gen 3 f150 coyote engine harness/ control pack question

Hey guys/gals,

Im smack dab in the middle of swapping a gen 3 f150 coyote into my 68 mustang. This engine will end up sleeved, i-beam, diamond pistons. I have a pair of s363sxe turbos and a boss intake. pretty bread and butter turbo coyote build these days. here's my question.....

The pull-out engine came with the harness which has the same compression as the gt engine now. (they are both 12to1 for the gen 3) but once again it has a different firing order than the gt. Ive been looking for a gt harness but came across this forum and it seems that i may be able to keep the f150 harness, put in the mustang cams and phasers, along with the mustang boss intake i already have and the issue with the location of the injector and coil connections can then be fixed with the tune instead of re-pinning or getting another gt harness altogether.

I would like someone who has a working knowledge on this to verify that i can in fact put the ford control pack for the gen 3 mustang on this f150 coyote as long as i switch the cams,phasers, and intake. i would then ofcourse just have to have the tune done before attempting to start it up. lol

thanks in advance. this could help out a lot.

steve

You can also run F150 engine in control pack.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    You can also run F150 engine in control pack.
    The only reason i didnt have that as my first option was, from what i understand, the mustang cams have more lift and are set up to compliment upper rpm horsepower and the f150 cams are profiled more for torque. (or did you mean that i can have the f150 control pack and harness both on the engine and when i put the mustang cams, intake and phasers on it that it can be re-tuned to work with those?)

Now that i dont have to find a mustang engine harness i can get back on track with the rest of the build.

ive tried to upload a couple pics of it but i cant get anything to load through the attachments tab.

Potential Tuner
    So, heres an update to my old thread........

I installed a set of cams, phasers and chains in the engine. Put a mustang chassis harness on it. I got ahold of a ford performance mustang/manual transmission controls pack and im close to finished with that install. I hope to be doing my first startup of the engine next month. Anybody thats interested can see the builds progress on the turbo forums. Im lowpressure over there too.

What will i need to get in order to tune this myself rather than having someone else do it and possibly not be able to make changes myself?

Quote Originally Posted by lowpressure View Post
    So, heres an update to my old thread........

I installed a set of cams, phasers and chains in the engine. Put a mustang chassis harness on it. I got ahold of a ford performance mustang/manual transmission controls pack and im close to finished with that install. I hope to be doing my first startup of the engine next month. Anybody thats interested can see the builds progress on the turbo forums. Im lowpressure over there too.

What will i need to get in order to tune this myself rather than having someone else do it and possibly not be able to make changes myself?
    You can get an unlocked file from me.