Thread: Engine Nearly Stalling with AC on Only when first pressing throttle or shift D to R

Potential Tuner

Engine Nearly Stalling with AC on Only when first pressing throttle or shift D to R

2002 Tahoe 5.3

I had what i thought was a great tune until the heat and humidity arrived. Now with the AC on the engine wants to stumble just as I add throttle from a dead stop or when I turn around in a driveway and do the near dead stop shift from reverse to drive or vice versa. I have searched the blogs and, based on what I read, adjusted the AC Offset min & max (in gear), disabled AC Bump Tq spark, played with AC ramp in/out, and set the AC max spark retard to 0. None of it really made any difference so I returned them to original specs. If I use the scanner to hold 24 degrees timing the idle does not drop. So my best guess this is related to the spark retard.

Months ago I did all the basics with VE tables, mass airflow, timing advance, etc. The truck ran really well and still does except for this.

Could someone please give me some ideas here? The tune and logs are attached.

Regarding the logs:

1:14. I am backing out of my drive and shifting from reverse to drive. The spark advance drops significantly and the RPM bottoms at 268.

2:48. I am pulling out onto the main road and the spark advance and RPMs drop to 384.

Thanks a ton...