Thread: Hanging Idle

Potential Tuner

Hanging Idle

Im new to the fuel injected MOPAR world.

2018 TA plus challenger. 5.7 with manual 6spd.

while stock, i would have a hanging idle while revving the car in gear. Dealer said it was due to emmissions.

installed a procharger a month ago with 60lb inj, 400 lph fuel pump, i3 diablo and new unlocked pcm. Initally the car rpms would hang between shifts drving thru town and highway. The only way to bring them down was by down shifting and letting the cars transmission bring them down. We installed a second tune, and now the car is hanging on idle + im only getting about 25% throttle response, past that the car falls on its face until the 4-4500 rpms, then acts like a supercharged car and takes off. Check engine light has been on since install. Codes are open circuit injector failure on all but 1 injector??

im waiting to hear back about the test on the injectors. Ive read up on the fly by wire throttle body, tps, and emmissions crap. My tuner is not sure what the issue is besides injectors, procharger doesnt have a clue outside of its the tune?? Iwas reffered tothis sight and these HP tuners.

Thx
    Joe
    2018 TA Plus Challenger
    6spd manual
    ProCharger D1
    60lb injectors
    400 LPH fuel pump
    i3 tuner
    unlocked pcm

I don't know about your other issues, but I was finally able to stop my hanging RPM problems by cutting the engine friction base table in half. I just highlighted the whole table and multiplied by 0.5. I went back in and returned the idle region of the table to stock values just to avoid any other problems at idle.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rockystock View Post
    I don't know about your other issues, but I was finally able to stop my hanging RPM problems by cutting the engine friction base table in half. I just highlighted the whole table and multiplied by 0.5. I went back in and returned the idle region of the table to stock values just to avoid any other problems at idle.

Hey its worth a try.
    2018 TA Plus Challenger
    6spd manual
    ProCharger D1
    60lb injectors
    400 LPH fuel pump
    i3 tuner
    unlocked pcm