Thread: Did I just lose 2 credits for ever?

Tuner in Training

Did I just lose 2 credits for ever?

I was able to read & modify ok, went to write, agreed to 2 credits to license the PCM, and after I received write failed, incompatible pcm software. I realize I need to get a different pcm thats unlocked hpt. I thought my diablo/cmr unlocked would work.

I realize I'm probably out of luck since I agreed, but has anyone retrieved their 2 credits?

Seems backwards to charge the credits, and then get the incompatible pcm error. I would think it would check for compatible first, THEN take your credits.

Potential Tuner
    A credit is Connected to 3 Things 1. Module Serial Number 2. OS 3. VIN Any of these three changes , the credit wont work anymore . Hence you would need new credits . As per if the PCM is Diablo Unlocked before trying to write to that PCM better read from it and try if you can open the file in VCM editor mostly it will fail at least in 2017 onwards as the Bootloader used for Diablo and HPT are different thats how they unlock the PCM so to speak.

Tuner in Training
    As referenced above, I was able to read, open, and modify the file. I also read some other folks with other unlocked Diablo pcms were able to write. Maybe they had years 15 or 16.

But I agree, I would expect an error Before trying to write and failing, and once the fail is logged, you don?t get your credits back! Seems nuts.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.4mopar View Post
    A credit is Connected to 3 Things 1. Module Serial Number 2. OS 3. VIN Any of these three changes , the credit wont work anymore . Hence you would need new credits . As per if the PCM is Diablo Unlocked before trying to write to that PCM better read from it and try if you can open the file in VCM editor mostly it will fail at least in 2017 onwards as the Bootloader used for Diablo and HPT are different thats how they unlock the PCM so to speak.

Potential Tuner
    I switched from Diablo to Go. Was no problem. Even left the 93 tune in it and downloaded it as my first tune file. Then I took it out and unmarried it from pcm then downloaded stock tune. I had no problem. Only thing I have a problem with is my cooling fan adjustment. I set it cooler but it will not cut on till 230. Ram 2018 3500 6.4 hemi.

Potential Tuner
    Hp tuner. Not go tuner

Tuner in Training
    I cant seem to get my fans to work either..are you using the pwm fan table or the hi/med/low settings?

I lost mine. Just had the exact same thing with a 2020 Gladiator. My 2018 Durango worked perfectly but not the customers Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_ct View Post
    I was able to read & modify ok, went to write, agreed to 2 credits to license the PCM, and after I received write failed, incompatible pcm software. I realize I need to get a different pcm thats unlocked hpt. I thought my diablo/cmr unlocked would work.

I realize I'm probably out of luck since I agreed, but has anyone retrieved their 2 credits?

Seems backwards to charge the credits, and then get the incompatible pcm error. I would think it would check for compatible first, THEN take your credits.
    I lost mine. Just had the exact same thing with a 2020 Gladiator. My 2018 Durango worked perfectly but not the customers Jeep.

Tuner in Training
    I ran into this today, always seemed to work just fine before with the Diablo unlocked controllers. Can I still use the stock PCM in the vehicle if I return it to stock with the Diablo, and then send the PCM into HPTuners for their unlock service? I will likely be 4 credits in at that point as something will change for the OS.