Thread: LT1 Swap hanging throttle

LT1 Swap hanging throttle

Hi,
    I am working on a friends '67 Camaro with 2016 Corvette LT1 and a TKO600 transmission.
    I am not too familiar with the GEN V yet but have a weird issue where the car starts fine and idles ok but if I just give it a little pedal it goes to around 3000 rpm and stays there when I let off the throttle.
    I cannot understand why it would do this on a completely stock setup engine. I have tried to play a little with the driver demand and torque rate limits but have no change. Seems like the TB decides to stay open at 25-27% even when I let off. Any idea of why this would happen?
    Hopefully someone will have some idea as to what to try next. Everything on the engine is completely stock. I see the computer thinks I am going 158mph which is strange. There is no VSS sensor connected yet, but standing still I would not think this should have any effect.

Tune and short log attached.

Atle Bucher NY KORR3 Test torque rate2.hpt
    Atle idle test.hpl

The E92 calibration that you are using was originally from a 2016 Corvette LT1 8L90.

Trying to make this calibration manual transmission compatible will not work.

You need to program the E92 with a calibration from a 2016 Corvette LT1 manual transmission vehicle.

I have been thinking this over and over today and have thought of the same thing. This has not been a problem for me with GEN 3 or even GEN 4 engines - I have just been setting the Auto to Manual and deleting codes (on GEN 3) in the tunes and stuff have been working fine with manual trans or older non-electronic transmissions.
    I was just comparing a Manual tune from the repository with what I have and I see that a lot for the torque settings are very different and probably a lot of the stuff I do not see in the tune as well.
    Guess all GEN V and probably all of the earlier torque based stuff will have the same problems. Good to know for future swaps.

Will try to write a manual tune now and let you know how it works out. Thanks !