Thread: Kenne Bell Throttle tuning stand still

Tuner in Training

Kenne Bell Throttle tuning stand still

Hello everyone,
    I have posted a number of times and received great help. I am starting to grasp getting the throttle tuning down, but find myself at a point where i might need to try adjusting something else.
    I was referred to a thread that explained how to eliminate throttle angle errors and log IPC wheel torque error. I have been using that to success up until my last 2 logs which dont really seem to be getting better at the same rate.

I find myself getting angle errors in roughly the same area and am starting to see really high negative wheel torque error values. looking at my graph of the throttle body model, it is starting to move away from the nice graph it used to be.... Have i went too far adjusting something a particular way? Do i need to start adjusting something else?

I started off by trying to eliminate angle errors logging throttle angle error using throttle angle commanded and etc manifold vacuum..... it got down to very little errors in certain spots and altough it seems to still be going down, its starting to not work as well.
    once i got the angle errors to a point where it seemed to work well, i started logging the wheel torque error using effective area and etc manifold vacuum. I would take note of the parts where torque errors were exceeding 50 and i would go back to the torque inverse calculator, make changed to the torque table and then allow the calulator to make changes to the inverse.
    However, now my torque table looks awfully bumpy and has a severe dip in the middle rpm ranges. The throttle no longer feels very accurate and the torque errors continue in the middle rpm range and in certain spots, the torque error values are negative values and growing large. -2XX in certain areas.

I am posting my two most recent logs and cals.
    Please forgive my ignorance and continued posts about the same subject, just trying to learn to do it the right way!
    Last edited by sarimgt500; 09-07-2020 at 06:54 PM.