Thread: 2017 Twin Turbo Mustang Pulling Timing above 4k

Tuner in Training

2017 Twin Turbo Mustang Pulling Timing above 4k

Hey guys. So I need help. Ive tuned quite a bit of N/A cars but this is my first time tuning a turbo car. So I'm glad its my own lol but the car is retarding timing above 4k and im not sure why. The higher in RPM and boost I go, the more timing is pulled. Im running like 10 psi at 18 degrees on 93 pump. The car was fine until I installed my boost controller. Fueling was perfect. 0 knock. Nothing and now its scaring me because I have my duty cycle at 10%, basically wastegate, and the car seems pissed. I've been trying to tackle this for a couple days but no luck. I'm attaching two logs and the file. If anyone could help point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Also, for fueling I have LU80 injectors with a DW 400 pump and Turbo Kit is the On3 Twin 55mm Top Mount Kit w/ TS Hypergate 45mm wastegates
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    couple of points

you need to rescale your MAF period / your running stock that wont work for boost

your speed density tables needs some changing as well

try below

Jonah TT v8 MAS.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    10psi on 93 won’t get you much more timing than 18 degrees, in fact that’s pretty good for 93. Do you have e85 in your area? Also if you are stock ring gap, then 93 seems to generate more heat in the rings increasing the risk they will butt together and cause a failure, another reason to switch to e85.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    10psi on 93 won’t get you much more timing than 18 degrees, in fact that’s pretty good for 93. Do you have e85 in your area? Also if you are stock ring gap, then 93 seems to generate more heat in the rings increasing the risk they will butt together and cause a failure, another reason to switch to e85.
    Yessir! I switched over to E85 and lowered the boost and it fixed all my issues!