Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Tuning Assistance 2006 Ford Crown Vic PI

Tuner in Training
    ifu have a stock file for a 2011 crown vic police send it to me. there is none on here that i trust
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    On 275 / 70 r16 Hercules MT...
    CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK 2.5"
    Full Prisoner cage in back (for my dogs or my humans)
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV

Tuner in Training
    Also in picture 4 of 6 what file are u loking at becaus ethat dows not matcg the files i sent u
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV

Do you know your speedometer delta right now? Like if you set your cruise for say 70 mph on the highway, what's your GPS (like Waze or Google Maps) read on a flat road?
    Your custom airbox setup would need to have the MAF transfer function re-tuned. It's not hard to do but requires datalogging and correcting, etc... My best advice after experimenting on my own Crown Vic?

Just keep it stock. You want to prevent heat soak and your N/A 4.6 2V doesn't flow much air mass.
    Same with messing with the exhaust. Neither are restrictions.
    Last edited by metroplex; 05-05-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Everything I sent you was from your file.

Pic 4 is in Spark > Retard

Pic 6 is in your Transmission tab.

The 4" cold air intake, I'll attach and Excel file. You need to change the volts in your tune to the volts I have in the Excel file. I'm not sure if your stock MAF housing was 70mm or 80mm so I calculated for both. Measure your stock MAF and change it accordingly. You MUST change the volts and MAF lbs to what I have in the Excel file.

In the pictures I sent, I adjusted the parameter for your tires. Does your car have 3.27 rear gear ratio that's in your tune?

MAF Transfer
    MAF Volts and Airflow - 70mm and 80mm to 4inch MAF housing.xlsx

Like Metroplex said, it may be best to keep the air intake side stock. You can use the MAF transfer from a 2009.

Tuner in Training
    Everything I sent you was from your file.

Pic 4 is in Spark > Retard

Pic 6 is in your Transmission tab.

The 4" cold air intake, I'll attach and Excel file. You need to change the volts in your tune to the volts I have in the Excel file. I'm not sure if your stock MAF housing was 70mm or 80mm so I calculated for both. Measure your stock MAF and change it accordingly. You MUST change the volts and MAF lbs to what I have in the Excel file.

In the pictures I sent, I adjusted the parameter for your tires. Does your car have 3.27 rear gear ratio that's in your tune?

MAF Transfer
    MAF Volts and Airflow - 70mm and 80mm to 4inch MAF housing.xlsx

Like Metroplex said, it may be best to keep the air intake side stock. You can use the MAF transfer from a 2009.

HERE IS MY STOXK FILE.. INTAKE IS GONE EXHAUST IS GONE ITS A MAD MAX CAR NOW WILL TRY YOUR CALCULATIONS...
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV

I was going to work on it but got seriously bogged down. What I did was run a tune comparison with SCT Advantage on my "latest" Crown Vic tune with the stock SDH3 calibration. So in the Comparo text file, I believe the second set of data (to the right) would be the latest tune.

I made 2 changes to the HPTuners file you provided: basically to try and compensate for the taller tires via the tire rev/mile. You'll need to run a GPS speedometer and compare it with your speedo indicated speed and adjust accordingly. Stock 235/55R17 was 767 rev/mile so the taller 275/70R16 will have less revs per mile.

Note that in my comparo file, the Vic is my 2000 Crown Vic w/ HPP. So the rear axle ratio is 3.55 and I believe Ford stopped offering 3.55s to the CVPI after a certain year when they had issues with driveline critical speeds. They used aluminum metal matrix composite shafts for 99-mid 01 but I guess they cost too much so they switched back to regular aluminum and had to drop the speed limiter a bit with 3.55s then they gave up and went back to 3.27s only. My memory is a bit foggy on this.

I did experiment with a custom ram air intake on my Crown Vic and while it sounded cool, the amount of heat it sucked in was bad for power. I went back to my Marauder airbox and MAF. You can very easily tune for any air box setup you want, it just requires datalogging and adjusting the air transfer function.

The last time I played with my Crown Vic tuning was around 2013 and I no longer have the car. I used SCT to tune it since 2003 (bought the car new in 2000).

If you have any questions let me know, I'll try to help but I see there are a few other tuners here that have experience with the newer Crown Vics so they'll probably be more of assistance. I remember in 2005 they went to drive-by wire throttle and added a speedometer, and the CVPI's got a revised airbox and MAF for the 250 hp versus the 235 hp with the older airbox. The new 05-up CVPI airbox/MAF is like a 1 piece Marauder airbox lid.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    HI GUYS,,
    I have a 2006 C.V.P.I 4R75E Trans and I have been trying to understand the trans tcc apply/release tables and as well as how to read the shift pressure 3d charts.

I need to firm up my shifts a little more from 1-2 and 2-3 Part throttle and half throttle shift points. But i am having a hard time understanding the maps. for example, 0 engine Torq 50 mph 0 psi

I also do not understand how the tcc apply and Release tables work. Can someone explain how that works?
    and does anyone know how to adjust the timing of the shifts on tis trans in hp tuners? there are no tables for that.

thanks