Thread: sudden knock retard at high rpm

sudden knock retard at high rpm

I am facing this problem that ECU pulls too much timing only at high RPM , I am sure it is not real knock. and I dont think adjusting knock sensor sensitivity will help because it is too much. what could be the problem ? some kind of torque management ? problem with SOI timing maybe ? VVE and maff are calibrated correctly. The problem only appeared after the cam swap.

thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Would help to know your fuel and mods. I had the same issue that was completely eliminated by upping my knock sensor sensitivity to 5's in the 0.2-0.4 region.. I was running E85, so was pretty certain this was false knock..

Quote Originally Posted by asrautox View Post
    Would help to know your fuel and mods. I had the same issue that was completely eliminated by upping my knock sensor sensitivity to 5's in the 0.2-0.4 region.. I was running E85, so was pretty certain this was false knock..
    93 octane fuel , full bolts on and cam. what is your maximum MAF frequency at WOT ? at what RPM KR started to pull timing ?

Potential Tuner
    I?ll have to go back and check my logs. I know RPM was around 6300 when kr began. Another option to try is disabling your Catalyst Over Temp protection, as some have said it can also contribute to high rpm kr. You might try that first if you?re hesitant to reduce knock sensitivity.

Advanced Tuner
    Ahh I'm not the only one with this issue. On a 2017 Pro Charged Silverado I've seen this EXACT same thing!! Happens at the same speed, rpms etc as your car. I know for a fact on this truck I have tuned that it is NOT real. Truck is on E85 and have added, reduced timing with no change. I've got some theories been wanting to explore but need to get my hands on the truck again!
    2017 Silverado LTZ