Thread: Callaway 757 peak engine torque issues

Callaway 757 peak engine torque issues

2.3 blower w 9.5 lower/2.650 upper, ported heads, cam, headers, meth etc.
    I did overshoot the driver demand in the low areas, but that's not the issue here. The peak engine tq as logged pegs out at 879ftlbs no matter what I do to the peak tq table. I feel like I have a full understanding how the left and right hands work here, but its like I never made any changes. Log and tune file right here, feel free to pick it apart. the trans feels pretty sweet though, I'm happy with the tweaks there. Thanks Guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

I raised max eng tq to 6,042 ftlbs and still throwing the timing in the toilet. Scanner shows I'm maxing 879ftlbs and when it get close to that limiter it gets pissed.
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

your driver demand and virtual torque tables are raised to out of this world unnecessary values.

i have a Z06 with a whipple, cam, headers, port injection, etc and my driver demand table is slightly altered from stock and my virtual torque table is also nearly stock except for a few very minor tweaks and high airmass/rpm. i used to have a 14 stingray with a 416 and a centri blower and same thing, nearly stock torque model.

IMO, put all your torque model back to stock and slowly and slightly tweak only where needed.

I'm going to write this file to it now, I'll report back with a log and changes I make to get it in line. I know the peak tq has to be at least 100ftlb more than actual to prevent throttle timing issues. Thanks Higgs!

Peak engine torque as logged in the scanner will NOT go up no matter what I do or where I do it. It is a calculation based on the peak torque table as well as from the virtual torque tables. Mine is maxed at 879ftlbs regardless of edits to any of these tables. And yes, I worked the airmass as well as map tables in vt. I'm about to pull out what little hair I have left.
    Following Higgs advice, and I no longer see negative timing numbers, but not full spark advance...instead its closing the t body some.

my advice was to start over, I haven't looked at your recent tune and logs yet but it sounds like a step in the right direction.

I played with the max torque timing table last night, I’ll give that a try today. We have to be missing tables....

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    I played with the max torque timing table last night, I’ll give that a try today. We have to be missing tables....
    my torque number goes to about 1200 (which is what I expect) in the scanner. stock max torque timing.

have you edited the tcm?

Yes, tcm tuned, I built a 6-spider 2.73 diff for it and tuned all shift points both speed and rpm based. I raised the max pressure and tuned the tcc tables.