Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newb needing help - MAF and VE tuning, can't find files / histogram

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you do use the widebands for an o2 sensor and wire the 1 volt signal back to the ecu then you need to find the stoich mv value for the gauge and input that into the o2 switch point of the ecu.
    if you want to track afr through that signal line then you need to make a custom pid that redefines the signal by referencing the instructions afr per 0-1 volt scale. adjust offsets in custom pid to provide gauge accuracy.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Thank you for the reply. Switching voltage was already done, but tracking afr is where I think I'll have the problem. Have PE requesting 12.5, afr gauge is showing 12.5, BUT scanner is showing .920-.980v during wot. Looking at the instructions that's richer than 10:1. I've also ran into an issue of removing rear o2, during steady cruise the ecm is commanding 13:1 and 16:1 trying to get the rear o2s to switch. Again, afr gauges are showing exactly correct but datalog isn't matching instructions.

Welp, talked with AEM and they recommended NOT running in P4 mode as it's just an emulator running off the wideband data. It "works" but as I've seen it's not 100% as accurate as I was hoping it would be. So much for being a tight wad and spending more money trying to one up myself.

So, CORRECTLY tuning the car is on hold until I can get a set of normal o2s into the exhaust and add a bung for the wideband, wiring it into an unused sensor and tuning it as everyone has graciously helped me with.

They said the AFR gauge reads correctly though, so I can keep a visual eye on it while running to make sure wot is correct, just leaves them completely inaccurate for datalogging.

Still planning on hitting test and tune tonight as the colder temps have given me the itch. Last time I ran it was miserably hot.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/