Thread: Manifold Temp Calculation

Potential Tuner

Manifold Temp Calculation

Hello,
    How is HPtuners calculating Manifold Temp in latest version of the scanner. I know its not a sensor as my car does not have an intake manifold Temp sensor.
    Thanks,
    Rob

2014 Cadillac ATS LTG 2.0 Turbo A6

Tuner
    I would like to know this too for Gen V Corvettes.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Guess i'll open a ticket with support. Thought they monitored the forums as well.

Senior Tuner
    MAT is usually the bias between the IAT and ECT sensors, cylinder charge temp bias determines the temp readout all zero's makes it same as IAT and all 1 makes it same as ECT

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    MAT is usually the bias between the IAT and ECT sensors, cylinder charge temp bias determines the temp readout all zero's makes it same as IAT and all 1 makes it same as ECT
    Well my IAT2 drops when under a WOT pass and coolant temp stays the same but manifold temp shoots up by 30-40deg So they must be calculating from somewhere else?

Senior Tuner
    not sure then im use to the LS style, u can just unplug some sensors IAT and ECT see if it directly changes the MAT reading, if it dosnt change at all then not sure where its getting a calc from

Advanced Tuner
    Keep in mind hp tuners aren't calculating anything, they are reporting what the factory ecu is calculating. Your question should be directed to the gm engineers that coded the ecu.