Thread: 2018 Mustang 5.0 Procharger f1a94

Tuner in Training

2018 Mustang 5.0 Procharger f1a94

I am working on my 2018 mustang 5.0 procharger f1a94. e85 id1050x injectors DW400 Fuel Pump JMS BAP,kooks headers and full exhaust. I have been tuning GM for a while been doing SD/Maf tuning so i am quite familiar with it but on this one i am fairly new and taking it one step at a time . I have noticed that whenver my OL Enrichment enters it doesnt go to what i have it at. it commands something leaner and i am trying to see what you guys think can be modifying my fuel enrichment . Also how are you guys going about tuning sd i know on gm we would fail the maf under diagnostics but i havent been able to do so on my 2018 . any info or suggestions would be great. i have attached my fle aswell.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    the coyote/copperhead system is very different than GM.

you will not achieve your targeted AFR if your speed density and inferred map setting are not on point
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by z28demon View Post
    I am working on my 2018 mustang 5.0 procharger f1a94. e85 id1050x injectors DW400 Fuel Pump JMS BAP,kooks headers and full exhaust. I have been tuning GM for a while been doing SD/Maf tuning so i am quite familiar with it but on this one i am fairly new and taking it one step at a time . I have noticed that whenver my OL Enrichment enters it doesnt go to what i have it at. it commands something leaner and i am trying to see what you guys think can be modifying my fuel enrichment . Also how are you guys going about tuning sd i know on gm we would fail the maf under diagnostics but i havent been able to do so on my 2018 . any info or suggestions would be great. i have attached my fle aswell.
    So in your logs commanded is 0.78 and measured is something else or is it that you are trying to command 0.78 and get 0.80 ?

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post a datalog please, I have seen some cars that will show commanded EQ is much lower than actual, however actual seems to follow commanded EQ in the tune anyway...a datalog will help us see what's happening though.

Also we do MAF based tuning, the Ford quadratic speed density system isn't like the GM speed density either. Doesn't help that there are no MAP Sensors on the car either.
    Last edited by Jn2; 07-31-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Tuner in Training
    i am commanding .78 on my wot lambda and on my fuel source i see where it goes into OL Power but i see .88-.90 commanded . i will post a datalog see what u guys think .

Tuner in Training
    .90 at wot i tried lowering my fuel enrichment pedal to see if it would kick in earlier but i keep seeing commanded vary from .88-.90 no where near the .78 i entered on my wot lambda. My next step is to get an actual boost gauge and see what i am actually seeing since ive just beeing going of the inferred map reading. really want to leave it running right even if its one step at a time and lots of reading and testing.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a log i gave it a little harder on the gas.

Advanced Tuner
    Go to your MAF curve and do a 1.1x multiplication to it(mostly to make it run richer than it is now for the next step)

Get me a datalog from 3000-6000rpm with stabilitrak completely turned off(press and hold traction for 15 seconds or so) using the channel list I just attached. Put the pedal through the floorboard when you go WOT and don't let up. That WOT log you send shows TPS dropped and then came back, so it's not as useful.

note:if you hear audible knock or misfies, you can let off, but try and get a solid WOT pull where the pedal is to the floor the whole time. You may need to do it at higher speeds and gear if you have traction issues

Post the datalog

It is commanding leaner because your fuel trims are negative. it is commanding a leaner value simply to maintain your target EQ ratio. These cars stay in closed loop at WOT so the indicated command will not match what you are targeting unless you have a 0% correction on fuel trims.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by z28demon View Post
    .90 at wot i tried lowering my fuel enrichment pedal to see if it would kick in earlier but i keep seeing commanded vary from .88-.90 no where near the .78 i entered on my wot lambda. My next step is to get an actual boost gauge and see what i am actually seeing since ive just beeing going of the inferred map reading. really want to leave it running right even if its one step at a time and lots of reading and testing.
    When the Ethanol vs AFR table is populated under the flex fuel section and you command a stoich AFR of less than 10 for alcohol, even with flex fuel learning turned off I've experienced Fords using alcohol tables. Try either setting your Flex Fuel Lambda to match what you want or zero out the Ethanol vs AFR table to alcohol tables aren't used.