Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mustang dyno rev limit.

Advanced Tuner
    I encountered the same issues yesterday. I believe it has something to do with the commanded shift. I did a pull yesterday and as soon as the car hit OSS 5500rpm with the engine at 7000rpm in 6th gear, it shut everything down and went into the god awful limp mode, threw the same P0600 code. The commanded shift was at 7200 rpm engine speed. I flashed all stock trans settings back in and it then exceeded the 5500 OSS rpm but commanded the shift way sooner than expected, shifted at 6700 rpm engine speed and 5250 OSS rpm and went to such a low rpm in the next gear. The car continued to accelerate but obviously not as quickly due to being now at a lower rpm.

Did you raise the OSS in the Upshift Maps? Trans.->Auto shift Speed-> Upshift Map

Quote Originally Posted by rhinogt View Post
    Which trim level do you have? Do you have the toggles to change drive modes?
    EU model, first in the EU that is tuned with HPT. It looks like a Premium model tho.

Did you raise the OSS in the Upshift Maps? Trans.->Auto shift Speed-> Upshift Map
    Nope, because it's programmed to shift at 8000 rpm and it shifts at 6500. It's difficult to believe that it needs to be over 1500 rpm from target.

I know this problem form 6R80 - 1/2 shift had to be 1000rpm over to work properly. I might give a try later.

The contents of those maps are OSS speeds, not Engine RPM. After raising those, I got the car to shift where I wanted it. It now shifts within 50-100 RPM of what is commanded in the WOT Shift Map, as long as torque reduction isn't kicking in.

Advanced Tuner
    I raised the Upshift Map OSS rpm and the WOT Shift Map rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    I raised the Upshift Map OSS rpm and the WOT Shift Map rpm.
    Beats me then. Did it do it on a dyno or the road? If it was on a dyno, did you try enabling dyno mode? On my car it's disabled as it sits. Maybe that has a part to play?

Advanced Tuner
    Beats me then. Did it do it on a dyno or the road? If it was on a dyno, did you try enabling dyno mode? On my car it's disabled as it sits. Maybe that has a part to play?
    This was driving *on a closed course that would allow such high speeds*

Advanced Tuner
    I am going to do a percentage adjustment to the Upshift Map. Adjust target shift point rpm to desired and calculate the percentage increase over stock and do the same percentage increase to the target OSS upshift, theoretically, this should work if this is the issue...

I like it, lol. But I have no answer for ya then.

The contents of those maps are OSS speeds, not Engine RPM. After raising those, I got the car to shift where I wanted it. It now shifts within 50-100 RPM of what is commanded in the WOT Shift Map, as long as torque reduction isn't kicking in.
    Yes I know it's OSS - but it does not work for me.

Yeah, yeah, in Mexico

Advanced Tuner
    My idea didn't work, back to the drawing board. Has anyone figured this out yet? Anyone successfully shifting 6 > 7 at higher than 7k without getting P0600?

Won't shift over 6500 rpm for me. I can rev up to 8000 using paddles but SHIFT MAP changes does nothing for me - I tried everything.

Something is missing. It's not any rev limit as it revs just fine on dyno. Some sort of additional WOT shift map that is not decoded yet.
    Last edited by veeefour; 06-28-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    The best I was able to do for now is command the shift from 6 > 7 at engine rpm 6975 without risking going to the limiter so the car continues to accelerate instead of hitting this wall. It does work well and keeps the rpm a little higher than the stock 6 > 7 shift. However, fixing this is a must, as I would prefer to ride 6th all the way out in the 1/4 mile instead of shifting literally at the end or right before.

Kris

Drag mode on.
    T-case limit raised to 7500.
    Shifting in all gears +10%
    On the dyno 6th gear, S/Pedal mode.

Just shuts off - including communications.
    jeremy.jpg

Putting it in D and stomping (on the dyno) from 90 roll.
    5>6 shift at 7400
    and then does not shift out of 6th - just holds 7000rpm, 120mph.
    T-case limit back on.

Put ALL transmission back to stock and it shifts 6>7 at 7000/121mph with no issues.

Any input?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm clueless lol

It revs up to 8000 in 6th just fine with my OS - using paddle shifting.

6th rev.jpg

Then it will upshift at only 6500 while is S mode...frustrating.

accel.jpg