Thread: VCM Scanner will not read over 105 KPA

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner will not read over 105 KPA

Been searching and trying everything I can with no luck getting it to read over 105 KPA this is a 2002 5.3L with a 2 bar map SD tune. Never had a problem before with old software. Updated to the latest 4.0.6. Followed these instructions:

1. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Table display (Scan -> Table Display). Right-click the "Manifold Air Pressure (SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing 1 bar PID from the table, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    2. (This step for 1/2/3 bar Speed Density enhancements only) Right-click the "Mass Air Flow(SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing MAF PID, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    3. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Right-click again on the table display cell and select "Insert", go to the Engine -> Airflow section and choose either the "Manifold Air Pressure - 2 bar" or "Manifold Air Pressure - 3 bar" PID, double-click to insert it into the table.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Attached is the Channels.xml I did this for 6-9-18 malibu 2018.Channels.xml

The MAP - 2 Bar reads 0 all the time and the regular map reads correct but only to 105 KPA

Thanks for the help

Advanced Tuner
    Are you using a 2 bar map sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
    Are you using a 2 bar map sensor?
    Yeah GM 2 bar map sensor. Car is tuned and it was logging fine with older software, was just looking to fine tune my boost area. Updated to 4.0 and now it won't read past 105.

Map sensor is reading right based on it's voltage when applying boost. Just won't display proper KPA and when I select the 2 bar MAP it just stays at 0 KPA??

Thanks

Sometimes I do this to get them working again, open the scanner and remove the channel(s) that aren't working. Then click edit and re-poll for supported parameters while connected to the vehicle, then find the channels and add them back in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    On my phone so I cant open the file. Did you adjust the max values in the scanner? They default to 105. You'll have to bump them up

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Sometimes I do this to get them working again, open the scanner and remove the channel(s) that aren't working. Then click edit and re-poll for supported parameters while connected to the vehicle, then find the channels and add them back in.
    I think I tried that also. Did the 'removal all channels', connected to vehicle then added back in. I don't have an edit and re-poll, so I think I'm doing what you said, once I do this and reconnect to the vehicle it does its polling.

I'll try it again today just because I am at a loss.

I've increase the values above 105 KPA in the gauges, graph and chart. Do I have to do this for the Channels? I don't see how to increase them for Channels.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by A62WAGON View Post
    I think I tried that also. Did the 'removal all channels', connected to vehicle then added back in. I don't have an edit and re-poll, so I think I'm doing what you said, once I do this and reconnect to the vehicle it does its polling.

I'll try it again today just because I am at a loss.

I've increase the values above 105 KPA in the gauges, graph and chart. Do I have to do this for the Channels? I don't see how to increase them for Channels.
    Should be working if you have the 3bar channel selected.

I forget in the scanner if it's edit or vehicle, I'm used to saying edit with the vcm editor.

There is a re-poll option in the scanner.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Well $h1t !!

Still no luck. Connect to vehicle then remove all channels, then add back in the ones I want and it still doesn't work, even just added in the 'MAP-2 Bar' and it still doesn't work. How could something so simple be this complicated??? Never had this problem before when using older versions of HPTuners. This is really frustrating, I guess I can't tune my car, well I guess up to 105 KPA I can.

Post your scanner log and tune file.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 06-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I forget in the scanner if it's edit or vehicle, I'm used to saying edit with the vcm editor.

There is a re-poll option in the scanner.
    Found it. Tried multiple times with removing, repolling, adding it back in. Disconnecting...reconnecting and still no luck.

Tuner in Training
    Files attached. Log is with key on, engine off. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    key on engine off scanner log doesn't help in any way when you are talking about a 2/3 bar custom operating system...

start the vehicle, run scanner.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    key on engine off scanner log doesn't help in any way when you are talking about a 2/3 bar custom operating system...

start the vehicle, run scanner.
    I will give it a try.

I was injecting pressure into the intake to bring it to positive pressure to test if it reads above 105 KPA, beats taking it for a drive every time. Shouldn't it read around 94 KPA with key on engine off?

New engine running scan on its way in a couple minutes, have to remove my boost injection equipment. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I guess it needs to be running. That seems to have done the trick. Will go get into boost and see if it reads correct. Thanks!!!!

Tuner in Training
    I am having the same problem. Maybe im overlookong it but i cant even figure out how to get to tue table display. What tab do i find that under?

Tuner in Training
    P01,Gen3, 2Bar OS, my version of HPT Scanner does not read MAP until engine is cranked. Usually reads normally after engine is started.
    ... always been that way.