Thread: Beta software crashed during loading

Tuner

Beta software crashed during loading

Out of the blue, my HP tuners software crashed during a tune load. I'm sitting in a parking lot and cant get the car to load a tune or run, software crashes every time I try and load. Tried different computer and it still crashes software. Tried different tunes and basic software and still crashes software. Is my ECU toast? Is there a way to reset ECU?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you update your .net framework they told me in a email do not the beta will crash .

Try to disconnect negative terminal for 20min.

Advanced Tuner
    I've been using beta and have done numerous calibrations without issue (thankfully). Were you doing a write cal or write entire? I'm using an old laptop but it has an up to date Windows 10...

I had this happen to me once on a 2005 F150 when I was writing cal only. Crashed and PCM was dead. Luckily I had the original PCM read that I had read with 3.6 (not beta). I was able to open my old read file in the non beta version of the software and write entire, and it recovered.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I recommend contacting support https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit with issues such as beta software crashing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Actually, found out the pro programmer I bought was the problem. My buddy was able to swing by with his programmer and it worked fine, so I guess I need to send it back to HP Tuners to see why it failed. Only had it a few months with a couple of uses behind it.