Thread: Injector Question

Potential Tuner

Injector Question

So I upgraded my LS6 with a TSP 233/239 cam, ported the stock heads, full exhaust and was intending on changing out my injectors to LS3 injectors but I am wondering if this is really needed since i'm shooting for around 420 RWHP? From what I have read the LS1 injectors can handle up to 450 RWHP. I understand this pushes the injectors closer to 100% duty cycle but I see mixed reviews for that on good, bad, and doesnt matter.

Second question - If i do go through with the injector change, I was going to use DSteck's injector data for LS7's since the LS7 and LS3 injectors are the same. Is there anything else that needs to happen other then dialing in the VE after the change? I see offset vs voltage, flowrate, and short pulse adder but is this all that is really needed? Could really use some guidance or maybe some input from someone who has done this change if I end up going through with it.

THanks

What size injectors do you have now?

From random memory here the LS1/LS6 cars had like 3 different sizes depending on what year the car was. Use an online calculator to help determine how far the injectors could go at roughly 90% duty cycle. How rich or how lean you have the fuel mixture will play a part in how much headroom you get.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Currently I am running the stock 2002 Z06 28# LS6 injectors, from what I have found using Fuel injector clinics online calculators the injectors are going to be at 95% supporting 417 RWHP. The LS3 injectors are 42# injectors and would be well below 80% to support what I'm assuming my max potential for this setup is so there in lies my question, 95% is not 100 and even so those duty cycles will only be seen every now and again at WOT from an auto cross/1/4 mile run so are they really necessary?

Advanced Tuner
    I run 36lb ones on mine (see in my sig) and they're fine, hp I don't know but I guess it would be similar. I only take it to 6500rpm. You might need to change the transient fuel as well as the tables. Tables I recall I changed were;

Default inj. pulse
    fuel to wall impact factor
    min inj. pulse
    short pulse adder
    offset vs. voltage
    flow rate vs. voltage
    transient fuel
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.