Thread: 6l90e tuning shift points

Tuner in Training

6l90e tuning shift points

Hello,

Can someone shed some light on tuning shift points on a 6l90e.

My rig is a 6300lbs suburban with a ls9 NA. The enigine tune is totally dialed in but im having a 4-5-6 shift point issue.

After 4th it jumps to 5th then 6th way too soon and drops the rpms to around 1200 then wants to jump back to 5th. Looking for 1500rpm min lowest rpm for daily shifts.

I have put 265s on her vs stock 245s and I have a 2800 circle D converter. The towing mode shifts perfect through 4-5 with my foot into it(NOT WOT).

In the tune I have Normal, Pattern A, Pattern B, hot...etc

Im not sure which is which, Normal is obvious but the A B have different values.

Im guessing is that as I reach speed I let off the throttle causing the jump to a different shift points.

What im looking for at this point is to have 4-5 a little higher in the shift point (normal) and not jump to 6th until 45-50 mph. Towing rpms are just to high 4-6 for daily driving.

I know the question sounds simple enough but I just want to be sure I don't f-up with a simple adjustment, and the A B tables im not sure which is which.

J

You can log what shift pattern it is using but 95% of the time it's always using the normal tables. Tow/haul mode might change it and manual mode too but the normal mode is really all you need to worry about.

Change the shift mph settings if you don't like how soon it shifts, that should help do what you want. If 5th and 6th come to early change the mph something in the 50's.

Make sure the tire size was updated in the file as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    The 80s and 90s shift solo on MPH, if you want to raise your shift point or shift points, Up the mph.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2500 suburban, really worried about the down shifts. Haven?t put any weight behind it since the tuning. Mine was also short shifting 4-5-6 then hunting for a gear with light throttle pressure. I?m interested in what the solution is here before output shafts are needed!! Lol.
    Last edited by Jlbrown; 04-26-2020 at 02:35 AM.