Thread: Whipple or Ford performance Data Logging?

Whipple or Ford performance Data Logging?

I've read on the boards that we can't log data from aftermarket calibrations such as Whipple but when I opened up my scanner on my Whipple tune I can read a bunch of channels, even the MCT that the Whipple tune adds..

Is it that we can't read as many as we want/need to? Can channels be added from HPTuners support team?

Sorry if this is a newb question, I'm just trying to learn on my own

Tuner in Training
    I believe HP has almost all of them fixed, now there may be a few that are still unable to datalog out there, if you run into one contact support and they will get it decoded to allow you to log.

Most of those posts were from before hptuners added support for aftermarket cals.

Tuner in Training
    I've read/written/datalogged the latest Whipple tune on a 17 using an mvpi pro. This car was previously flashed with the Whipple obd flasher.

I am currently unable to log with my recent Whipple tune on my 2016 GT. I have a few emails out to support, but they haven't replied other than to say to try the latest beta (which I did with no luck).

With the launch of their new hardware and support for new makes, Aftermarket ford racing calibration support seems to be on the back burner.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by colo_evo View Post
    I've read/written/datalogged the latest Whipple tune on a 17 using an mvpi pro. This car was previously flashed with the Whipple obd flasher.
    I attempted to read out a Whipple Tomahawk tune in a 17 F150 and for reasons I still don't understand HPT erased the PCM.......

It asked me if I wanted to detect the protocol or something like that. I clicked continue and watched the Erase % go to 100%. I tried to abort but it wouldn't.

Anyone who cannot log an aftermarket supercharger calibration properly should first try to update their softwate and re-read the tune. If you are not prompted to update your OS ID then you will need to open a support ticket and send us your tune. Erase/write is normal for the required OS ID update.

I just got this to work on an older Whipple tune, but my newer one doesn't prompt to update. I have a support ticket but no one has responded in about a week. What does updating the OS ID do? I suppose if I rewrite the newer Whipple cal back, then I won't be able to log again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner46 View Post
    I just got this to work on an older Whipple tune, but my newer one doesn't prompt to update. I have a support ticket but no one has responded in about a week. What does updating the OS ID do? I suppose if I rewrite the newer Whipple cal back, then I won't be able to log again?
    Please provide the ticket number. An updated OS ID allows proper identification of the strategy so that it may be properly logged.

ticket #134545

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Anyone who cannot log an aftermarket supercharger calibration properly should first try to update their softwate and re-read the tune. If you are not prompted to update your OS ID then you will need to open a support ticket and send us your tune. Erase/write is normal for the required OS ID update.
    So it would have written it if I wouldn't have attempted to abort the Erase procedure? I guess I'm not following how that process works. First time I've had something like that happen is why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    So it would have written it if I wouldn't have attempted to abort the Erase procedure? I guess I'm not following how that process works. First time I've had something like that happen is why I'm asking.
    Yes, you have to go through that process in order for the updated ID to be written back to the ECM.