Thread: 2000 5.3 on a 1978 wagon with a 00 camaro ecm

Tuner in Training

2000 5.3 on a 1978 wagon with a 00 camaro ecm

Hello everyone. I am helping out a friend. He has a 78 wagon with a 5.3 swap, with a turbo 400 trans, walbro 255 inline pump with a corvette regulator. He got a camaro SS 2000 ecm. It's running rough, not starting. Vats is supposedly deleted, but not sure. I'm wondering, how can I flash a 5.3 calibration on a 5.7 ecm. Are both files that different as far as fuel, timing, and injector size? I'm new to the GM performance game, so pardon my newbie questions. Thank you

Open his file, then open a stock 5.3 file with the compare feature.

Click compare again at the top, then down to comparison log. In the new window click collapse all boxes. Right click the engine icon and go down to copy over all differences.

That will copy the complete engine side over to the 5.7 computer and make it a 5.3 calibration. Any further tuning will be on you if it has headers or an intake or whatever else.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much! I now feel confident to help this dude out! Appreciate it.