Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scanner Stopping after a few seconds

Scanner Stopping after a few seconds

please help I just licensed the car and now I can not data log it. I have reinstalled both 3.6 and beta 3.7 tried both scanners same thing. I was logging It yesterday just fine and now after I licensed it I'm having this issue here is what little log I have . Key on, connect, recording , start , active live data for a few sec the the log ends data freezes on screen. I am running windows 10 pro and I logged this using beta updated a few min ago
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 01-31-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Try logging fewer parameters.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Try logging fewer parameters.
    I have data log using the layout and channels I'm currently using on two separate computers with two separate interfaces this interface is new to me I was logging with it quite a bit prior to licensing it to any vehicle now that I have licensed it I'm having this issue I realize that sounds completely crazy but that was literally the only thing I did however I did see Windows updated earlier

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you are logging a massive amount of pids, as stated, try logging less.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    you are logging a massive amount of pids, as stated, try logging less.
    how many pids can the pro interface support Bill? I have never had this problem before.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its not about the pro, your processor/ram needs to be able to keep up. Simple test, just log rpm, if it works for more than a couple of seconds thats your issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I was watching the performance monitor processor wasn't even at 30% and I have plenty of ram and an ssd

I think the issue is the vehicle. You're probably overloading it with that many parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Its not about the pro, your processor/ram needs to be able to keep up. Simple test, just log rpm, if it works for more than a couple of seconds thats your issue.
    I am still experiencing the same affect Bill. I was previously using another interface from a friend and an older hp laptop using the same layout. I have been unsuccessful at logging anything with this interface since I licensed it too my car however it will flash or seems to flash and read fine. I have a new laptop Acer Nitro 5 I5 7300hq so speed should not be an issue at all it has 8gb ddr4 @2400mhz and I just ordered 32gb set and a 2nd SSD for the 2nd bay
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-23-2018 at 07:27 PM.

I think the issue is the vehicle. You're probably overloading it with that many parameters.
    I have logged this many in the past without issue. Did I mention I just bought this interface

Bryan send it! 3.hpl this is with another interface dif computer
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-23-2018 at 09:03 PM.

sprry for thehijack but could this be the reason RTT is crashing the scanner as of late? i have added more parameters to log...
    Bertram 23 Flybridge
    Chev 5.3LS swapped and going well

I am not sure yet all I know is I have been unsuccessful at logging with this interface I just bought..... what support ?? maybe a call from them ? why the Elusiveness ???? One would think a new cable and unit would get a call but no first ive been told my computer was crap. Then im told Its my car..... Then im told Im logging too may pids ROFL im dead. Here are some logs from another interface and laptop and the laptop that I was using prior.Bryan send it! 1.hpl who wouldn't be frustrated after spending over 600
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-26-2018 at 08:28 AM.

tried again this morning wouldn't even scan for a few seconds once it stoped it was frozen 100% with 3.6 and with 3.7 it let me disconnect and reconnect and scan but stopped again 650.00 down the drain! but yet my friends old (crap) laptop and older interface work Flawlessly Hmmmmm But yeah its Really ……. my broken Camaro and my broken new laptop and im logging too many pids
    ? I GIVE UP!!!!!
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-27-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Have you been able to rule out anything yet?

Testing different laptop on the same car?
    Testing same laptop on different car?
    Can any laptops scan your config on your car?
    Can you scan any other cars of similar make/model with that config on your laptop?

This will take a little trouble shooting.

Have you been able to rule out anything yet? I have ruled out my car and 2 laptops

Testing different laptop on the same car? yes 2 diff laptops using the same new pro cable

Testing same laptop on different car? I have tested 2 diff laptops with this new suite same results with both

Can any laptops scan your config on your car? Yes an older cable/ interface and laptop can I was borrowing it until I got this one since I received this pro suite I have had problems

Can you scan any other cars of similar make/model with that config on your laptop? im working on scanning another similar gm before the end of the day

This will take a little trouble shooting.
    here is 1 log of many logs using the pro cable and older HP laptop I borrowed same layout never had any issues no lag on the data pids or anythingBryan send it! 1.hpl

All I can tell you is I can borrow one that scans my car no prob but this one will not idk what else to tell you
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-27-2018 at 01:00 PM.

So you've isolated it to your laptop.

Try to watch your task manager while scanning to see what's eating up all your CPU.

So you've isolated it to your laptop.

Try to watch your task manager while scanning to see what's eating up all your CPU.
    NEGATIVE !!!!!! I believe I said in the post above ( I have have ruled out my CAR AND 2 laptops) I have plenty CPU under the hood and ram

Quote Originally Posted by MustangKiller View Post
    All I can tell you is I can borrow one that scans my car no prob but this one will not idk what else to tell you
    If it works with another laptop, but not the one you're using, the one you're using has an issue.

Please watch the task monitor to see what's eating the CPU while you scan.

If it works with another laptop, but not the one you're using, the one you're using has an issue.

Please watch the task monitor to see what's eating the CPU while you scan.
    I have tried 2 separate laptops Keith I just bought this one.

Quote Originally Posted by keith@hptuners View Post
    if it works with another laptop, but not the one you're using, the one you're using has an issue.

Please watch the task monitor to see what's eating the cpu while you scan.
    i am refering too the interface !