Thread: How does the Driver Mode Control affect tune ? [NOOB] [LS3] [E38] [6L80E]

Question How does the Driver Mode Control affect tune ? [NOOB] [LS3] [E38] [6L80E]

Hi all,

I have a beginner level question.QJO_MY17_MOTORSPORT.hpt

I have one of the final/limited Holden MotorSport Editions and it features a Driver Mode Control similar to that of Camaro/Corvette/CTS-V except that, in lieu of snow, Aussies get Tour, Sport, Perf, Track.

There appears to be absolutely no difference in neither Engine nor AutoTrans parameters when compared to a stock SSV-RedLine which doesn't have the magic knob.

Does this knob control the Normal, PatternA, PatternB stuff which is only usable on DMC vehicles or can I not tune it whatsoever with HPTuners ? Can I learn about this stuff somewhere or given this is my first 6L80E should I leave it to others ?

Merry Christmas,
    -Quentin.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe the only noticeable change you'll see in the actual tune will be that "Track" mode uses Map C - Sport/Tow for desired throttle (I've compared it with the stock tune from my 2017 chevy ss and it's very similar). Most of the other changes will come from the bcm for traction/stability control/steering feel/suspension. The shifter modes will affect the patterns on the trans side independently.