Thread: Virtual Torque Table?

Virtual Torque Table?

Ok, so far, I haven't done a whole lot to my truck. Stock '08 half ton, L76 with a K&N and lots of miles. With the help a couple folks here, I've managed to stumble halfway through a MAF tune and I've got at least a good base for my SD tune. I was poking around looking at some of my logs, and I noticed that my calculated engine torque, as far as peak numbers, have raised about 22% (300 vs. 365). I am not na?ve enough to think that this is true, or any of my doing, although I did send a screenshot or two to select friends . My question, after this long winded explanation; Do I need to adjust the VTT? If so, is there an easy and reliable way to do it? Or am I too noob?

Tuning Addict
    If it's higher than it was, leave it there... You most likely increased the MAF which in turn increased the calculated tq - going up 65lbft won't hurt anything and will in fact do just the opposite and cause a slight increase to line pressure for the trans...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Gotchya!! Well, I think I do. So that's what you were telling me earlier about leaving TM on the TCM side, that it would default to a "protection" unless I modeled the VTT? I didn't put that together for a while, after several pages of reading last night. Are there any rules to go by as far as when to edit the VTTs?

Tuning Addict
    Only if you've done something to add 50 or more hp such as cam, heads, blower or things like that...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Good to know. Cam and exhaust coming soon. Thanks again!

Senior Tuner
    if say stock idle is 40kpa and now with a cam its 65kpa should the virtual torque map area at 40kpa be shifted up to the 65kpa area and blended in to help with idle and low rpm drivability ? have noticed that the stock idle area has pretty much positive and neg torque numbers above and below but now with bigger cam being higher map it has positive numbers above and below so wasnt sure if that affects the idle corrections

Tuning Addict
    I've personally lowered the torque model in the idle areas to get ignition timing to quite pulling on really really aggressive cams... But that's very rarely needed...

~Greg Huggins~