Thread: wiring harness issue

Tuner in Training

wiring harness issue

im stumped i have p0200 code which is injector circuit and it stays in open loop it says OL fault what can i do?

Do a search for P0200.
    Follow the flow chart.

You should inspect the injector pigtails for broken wires, pulled out pins, or loose fitting connections. Then you should use an ohm meter to verify that all your injectors have a very similar ohm measurement across the 2 pins. They should be somewhere around 12-17ohms. but should all be within like 1 ohm of each other. If your injectors are all equal and your connections are tight and it is a factory oem application you can probably save some time and just replace the ecm, have it flashed, and then buy 2 more credits from hptuners and move on with your life.

If you have a custom application with a standalone, custom, or other known butchered harness then you will need to unplug your ecu connectors and all injectors and run an ohm test for each of the 8 injector control wires from ecu to injector also making sure the other pin on each connector has 12v. aside from checking for continuity and low resistance, you should check resistance between each wire and ground and each wire and power and make sure nothing has chaffed and gone short.

If you have access to a good quality scantool, like a snap-on modis ultra or a verus edge then you can look at misfire monitors/cylinder contribution to aid in isolating the bad circuit. Either of the scantools I mentioned are also lab scopes and will let you look at the waveform coming out of the ecu. Which is sometimes bad when you have a p0200.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 11-09-2017 at 07:13 PM.