Thread: No shift at WOT

Tuner in Training

No shift at WOT

swaped 2013 5.3/6L8OE into a 63 chevy panel truck, local shop did tuning and it was piss poor at best, long story short i now tune all the LS swaps done in the shop.

heres the skinny, initally the local shop introduced a 2007 program into the PCM and it ran ok, they drove/tuned it for days and still no better, ive spent the last 2 nights going line by line matching a 2013 stock tune and still cant get the truck to shift at WOT, if i let off the trottle the trans will shift but thats the only way. where do I go from here?

stock 2013 5.3/6L8oE with mid legnth headers and cold air tube
    3.73 gears
    235/70/15 tires
    PSI conversions harness
    Attached Files Attached Files

Like in your other thread, your tire size and gear ratio in you tune file is wrong. Fix that first and see what it does.

Your tune shows 3.42 gearing and a 30.82in tire size. The vehicle you have runs a 28in tire and that's no where close to the tire size in the tune.

Click the gear tire wizard under the edit tab and change those, have it auto adjust the transmission files for you.

Side note, do not unplug the MAF sensor if your VVE tuning. The MAF holds the intake air temp sensor which in that log shows -40. All tuning will be incorrect and I wouldn't beat on the truck at all. Lots of knock showing and you never put the stock high/low octane tables back in it.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-19-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    truck runs horrable with MAF hooked up, just another of the hundreds of problems

Still wouldn't unplug it, just creating another problem with the negative intake air temps reading as it throws everything else.

Likely the MAF isn't tuned/scaled correct for the custom intake tubing it has. The VCM scanner section has write ups on how to tune the MAF with fuel trims and a wideband. Start there first before you even think about going WOT as the last thing you want to have happen is something going wrong with the engine.

Revert back to stock timing tables, fix the gear ratio and tire size problem and if you have a wideband start with tuning the MAF to get it running correctly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.