Thread: 17+ ZL1 5th gear power dip at 5900 rpm

Potential Tuner

17+ ZL1 5th gear power dip at 5900 rpm

so i just dynoed 2 stock 17 zl1 camaros A10, both had the exact same 20-30hp drop at 5900 rpm in 6th gear, i can feel it but nothing in the tune shows it. rock solid cam timing, spark timing, afr, narrowband voltages, tps. Everything checks out great. Everyone notice this? both cars continued to do it after some tuning as well.

funny thing is there are ZERO issues in 5th gear and 7th gear, no drops anywhere.

any ideas?

I have seen this. on the manual power gets wavy but doesn't drop. It almost corresponds with a oil pressure spike.
    Not sure if it shows on the track.

debating tuning my zl1 as not many are showing much increase in power on a stock car worth voiding my warranty quite yet. How much gain are you seeing so far? As I log I see it close the throttle a lot on shifts and any time it gets over about 835 engine torque so did you check to see if it is cracking the throttle at that point?
    thanks for info as I am waiting to see someone really hit it and show a decent gain at peak and big under the curve gain and yet to see any one say its more then around 30 hp. just the ability to hold the throttle at 100 percent should show nice gains as much as i see my car closing it but so far I have yet to see it.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Advanced Tuner
    If you dyno the car in 7th gear the power dip will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
    If you dyno the car in 7th gear the power dip will go away.
    Hey Sam,
    Is this still tq limit(ing) by gear?

I haven't seen one yet.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com