Thread: 2006 P59 issue/question

Tuner in Training

2006 P59 issue/question

I have a 2006 Silverado 4.8 4l80 P59, only available enhancements available are 2bar OS. I'm needing to do a 3bar. How can this be accomplished?? Them P59 stock OS is 12606807. Also need to do a 4l80e segment swap which I have the file for. Do I swap in the trans segment and the engine segment? Or do I swap in the 4l80 segment and the "P59 system" segment? Thanks

You'd need to use a different computer or take the risk and flash someone else file into your computer.

If the OS only shows a 2 bar upgrade, that is all you can do. Using the segment swap for the engine side does not change the OS itself.

Or run a 3 bar sensor and set the last row of the 2 bar VE to whatever your fueling needs are past 210kpa and hope it's fine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ...Or run a 3 bar sensor and set the last row of the 2 bar VE to whatever your fueling needs are past 210kpa and hope it's fine.
    I agree heavily with that. Just a reality check for the 3 bar guys on street cars. With a 3 bar os you now have more cells for tuning in boosted areas than in vacuum. Engines in street cars spend the vast majority of their time in vacuum. When you are cruising or even moderately accelerating you are still in vacuum, no matter how much boost you are capable of building. You are only in boost when you are at wide open throttle. So why then would we want to damn all the resolution of the controller to an area we will spend such little time?

Nobody races at 95% throttle or 92% throttle. When you want boost you put the pedal on the floor and the motor will build as much boost as it can and setup as 5FDP suggests you can still log all the boost you are building and as long as you tune at wide open throttle then the worst you might get is a little rich at 95 or 92%throttle. Much better than having cells to adjust fueling spaced out to every 15kpa and 2/3 of the map being in an area you don't see too often.